No biergarten ADR availability

I am also not following where @DocHopper is trying to lead.

I think @DocHopper is saying that it might genuinely be fully reserved. I will find out tomorrow morning.

How do you know it is a ADR glitch? Maybe they are truly booked for your time period. On my last trip in October I had them booked 60 days out no problem. When I tried to book them 50 days out there were no reservations available. As I had the one already I just didn’t bother to look again. Am I saying it is because it is a buffet? YES You may have noticed that most of the homesyle plus buffets have really went down hill. Menus are short and food has really taken a hit.

2 Likes

We were at Biergarten in May. The menu was nowhere near the choices as it was in 2019. It was served family style at the table. Has that changed back to buffet?

Yes, it went back to being a buffet at the end of August.

Updating with limited information. This morning at 7am central time I called and I’m on a two hour wait. I also tried online to get a dinner reservation for 4 for 2/8 which 60+10 days away. No times available. Then I did a search for Lunch and nothing available. Also, when I went first to the restaurant, it doesn’t show any dates past 1/29, which interestingly is the same last date when I had trouble with Oga’s.

2 Likes

Biergarten is not small nor is it THAT popular even with it being one of the few buffets. I don’t think buffets are THAT much of a draw anymore anyway. It’s not instantly booked. That is what people tried to tell me when I couldn’t find a CP package at 6am on the day they were supposed to be released. They are not releasing the reservations normally for Biergarten. I do not know why, maybe a software thing but there’s no way it instantly sold out.

ETA that I’m not suggesting you were suggesting it was sold out!

3 Likes

Ok, I now know stuff. Sort of. Two hours and 45 minutes later.

As soon as I said Biergarten, she said, “You are calling for February aren’t you?” She’d had three calls this morning. She’d talked to Guest Services and they put in a ticket about the lack of inventory.

Since I’d known that early January might have a problem too, I had her check for random dates also to see if people were booked. No one is booked past the 1/4 on the random dates checked. 1/3 and 1/4 had 4 tables reserved between the two dates, but no reservations available.

She is very confused because Biergarten does have a calendar for those dates which should mean that it has inventory but it doesn’t. Since a few people booked on dates that now have no reservation inventory that tells me they yanked them for a reason.

Which is a bummer, I love German food and it is hard to come by. Although there is an awesome one about a half-hour away from home and for $60 each we can eat AND drink extremely well.

ETA: The good news (for me) is that the hold advertisements reminded me that I wanted a Capture Your Moment reservation. I hadn’t written that down, so forgot. I went for MK morning, 2/8 on the day they close at 4:30pm, so hopefully less crowded.

2 Likes

THANK GOODNESS for them that you brought this to their attention (again!) What the hell is going on?! This restaurant would have sat mostly empty. Is Disney deliberately trying to sabotage them???

I hope they get this sorted. Thanks for sharing the information you got. Now whenever I can’t get a ressie I’m going to wonder if it’s something like this…

5 Likes

If it weren’t for the leading reservation, I’d have thought it was just booked. But, at 60+10 CRT (the most popular of the ones I wanted) had all time slots available.

My theory is that they are either closing or “reimagining” it.

This is such a bummer. For the original trip there were three restaurants that we were excited about: Aker. (closed and turned into a corporate lounge), LTT ala carte (not ala carte) and Biergarten.

3 Likes

This has been my fear since my ADR day when I started this thread… :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

I love German food, but I REALLY love the entertainment at Biergarten. I’ve missed it the last few trips, and was hoping to see it in January. Fingers are crossed!

Pics from 2019 family trip…

4 Likes

Yeah, I was looking forward to dancing with my daughter there. I’m trying to look at the bright side

Yes, they have went back to a buffet as of October 2021

1 Like

Good to know. The family style was disappointing for the price. Plus we were seated off to the side, could hardly see the musicians. Our server had an attitude. May not put it on the list for the next trip.

Unfortunately there was no dancing on the floor like there used to be. I do think some of the very young were having a good time on the floor but not adults. This was last October.

1 Like

Well, that is another bright-side assuming we don’t go. We won’t be missing out on that.

Was there dancing on the ceiling?

6 Likes

I was listening to The Disney Crush podcast this morning and they were talking about seeing this same thing - zero availability - at Ohana for the same timeframe as this Biergarten issue.

I may have literally said out loud “WTF Disney! Get your shit together!”

And of course I have been seeing lots of FB and other posts talking about “today is my ADR day and there’s almost nothing open for my dates”

They gotta do better. This is insanity.

5 Likes

Disney was kind enough to send me an email today “reserve your dining today” and suggested some restaurants to try and get adrs for. My trip is in two days. Knowing there is no availability anywhere at this point I can’t believe they sent this out.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

1 Like