Next Tuesday begins my ADR booking for the Holidays and I need help

I would like to try new things but also the best of things remaining on my list. For reference, I am a bit of a foodie and I like ethnic cuisines and adventurous foods and dining experiences that are more than just about a hearty meal. I also do NOT like sweet cocktails and don’t really drink at home but I have the little checklist for playing Drinking Around the World so Epcot drink suggestions for a hoppy IPA beer girl, a dry red/white wine girl (I also like bubbles and Rose), and I do like a good cocktail but the only sweet ones I can handle are the ones that complement the sweet with sour like a margarita. I do not tend to like things like Mai Tais, Daiquiris, etc. *DH is a Scotch drinker and does not generally drink wine or beer at home but will on vacays kind like of me.

Oh yeah this is strictly date night dining. A DH and me trip (first one since 2016)

So here are some things I’m considering:

Disney Springs (I’ve done Homecomin’, Raglan Road and Boathouse so looking for something new although I adored Raglan Road’s Irish Redbreast 18yo Whiskey cuz it’s like Christmas in your mouth and I went at lunch and didn’t see the performers soooo):

• Raglan Road
  • Jaleo by Jose Andres
  • Wine Bar George
0 voters

I will stop by Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Hangar Bar for a Christmas Cocktail and Gideon’s for a Holiday cookie (or two or three or what’s the limit again?) so not looking for dessert at the restaurant just a meal and maybe another drink.

These are the Epcot Table Service I’ve yet to try.
3 days here so pick 3:

• La Creperie de Paris
  • Monsieur Paul
  • Nine Dragons Restaurant
  • Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya
  • Takumi-Tei
  • Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
0 voters

Should I book the La Cava Experience at La Cava del Tequila?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Unfortunately I’m down to The Diamond Horseshoe at MK for only TS yet to try? Should I run for the hills or is it decent? I think it is all decorated at Christmas from what I can tell online.

And for DHS it’s gonna be Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ to try the new thing. Stop me now if this is gonna be a nightmare!

And again, if you’re like me or DH alcohol wise, what are your favorite beers, wines and cocktails in Epcot? I figure we can split 11 drinks over 3 days and not die. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not great. The drinks are awful. Truly awful.
The food is fine but not amazing (except the biscuits).

4 Likes

Noted, save drinks for bars! Doing Jollywood Nights that day so I’ll just drink there!

3 Likes

Good plan.

3 Likes

This is my issue with DHS, I’m coming after all you guys leave :sweat_smile: and I want a TS in DHS. Didn’t like HBD, we’re not character people, so H&V is out. That leaves like Woody’s BBQ, Mama Melrose, 50’s and SciFi. We did the last 3, and they’re decent. I might do Woody’s just to say we did it?

But as for your list, @gingerSnaps543222 , for the Epcot restaurants, I’m very very intrigued by the two new Japanese offerings. I haven’t done La Creperie, but it seems a little more casual. MrP was way too much food, and the pacing was not right. I ended up skipping 2 courses because I was so full, and I eat pretty well in one sitting. As for 9D, if you have a decent Chinese restaurant where you live, you’re fine to skip this one. 9D is a TS place that serves food slightly better than you local take out Chinese place

4 Likes

Yes it’s why it’s last on my list cuz of the meh reviews for 9D. (Now if it was in DHS it sounds like it’d be top tier lol). The two new Japanese ones are my list cuz they’re new too and both look amazing and I love sushi and a lot of the Izakaya (Japanese bar food) reminds my of summer trip like the okonoyomaki. So im kind of glad they’re in the lead! And I always had kids with me before so Monsieur Paul was always a no for me but since this is adults only trip it feels time for that kind of experience instead of garden grill and Biergarten! Both good solid choices but….Lol

I’m actually with you on HBD. I don’t get the hype. I don’t think it’s bad but it’s not 4-5 stars good to me.

2 Likes

I might do a crepe for breakfast at La Creperie or share a couple as an option to check it out. It does seem very casual and I’m actually pretty picky about my crepes. I prefer them simple like just butter and sugar which does not appear an option but a Nutella crepe is pretty classic and simple too.

My other breakfasts will probably be Kringla and Les Halles.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of fun places to eat in Epcot. I’m still like 1/2 way done there, and there’s some big places I still have to go to, like Biergarten and Garden Grill. But I think my upcoming targets are La Creperie and Takumi Tei.

2 Likes

Yup it’s one of the reasons it always gets the most days on my trips! Too much food to try in one visit! Gotta keep coming back. Unlike the other parks where I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel with Diamond Horseshoe maybe? Lol.

2 Likes

It’s the same menu as Liberty Tree Tavern (from the same kitchen, I believe). Unless you really like that food or really want to check it off your list, I would eat at a TS you do like!

It’s too bad it doesn’t have the BBQ menu it did in recent years. I’ve yet to eat at LTT. When we ate at The Diamond Horseshoe, it was more than 25 years ago and it was a QS with a full show!

3 Likes

I absolutely get that. I’ve done it twice to say that😂

3 Likes

One down:

Thank you for your help and DH agreed this was the top choice so a winner all around.

2 Likes

It’s the same food as Liberty Tree Tavern, but in a less comfortable environment. I’d pass.

For alcohol:

I always get a Harp lager in the UK.
The Wild One margarita at La Cava is my favorite.
Hightower Rocks at Nomad.
Frozen rum and Coke from various places.
Red stag lemonade from the turkey leg place in the America pavilion.
Smores old fashioned at Territory Lounge at WL.

1 Like

Easily one of my worst meals ever in WDW.

1 Like

Thanks! And Yep last night I decided I don’t need to rope drop the party at 4pm so let’s go get dinner at GF or Contemporary so I asked DH to look at menu for Narcoossee’s, Citricos and Steakhouse 71 and he rated em based on menu alone:

1. Narcoossee’s
  2. Steakhouse 71
  3. Citricos

So I’m gonna try to grab the 4 or 5pm dinner at one of those and get to the park by 7pm for the actual party. I’m really only concerned with the holiday shows and the two rides that have holiday layovers (and I’ve ridden Jingle Cruise so no biggie if I miss that). I won’t be concerned with snacks and meet and greets so I think 7-12am will be fine for us.

1 Like

I of course have a leading reservation so I’m booking these one day at a time.

2 Likes

Narcoossees would be my #1 choice. They haven’t re-reopened since their 2nd closure to renovate so you can’t book there yet. They are supposed to open sometime the middle of this month and then booking should open up for December.

1 Like

I could book SH71 just in case and then drop it when/if I am able to get Narcoossee’s and I’ll keep an eye on it every day. I think the brussel sprouts on that menu are calling to me and I like the picture of the makeover Disney put on the official site.

1 Like

We made alternate plans with the hopes of moving when they open too.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna do a similar thing for Jollywood Nights and go to an early dinner at Flying Fish and walk or boat over to DHS from there. It doesn’t sound like Roundup Rodeo is very good and Flying Fish looks gorgeous inside and the food looks amazing.

3 Likes