New Top of the World Lounge Nightly Event

Thanks for the report! I think I will skip it this week.

2 Likes

We’re in the Poly, so the monorail ride was easy, but I would’ve been extra frustrated if we weren’t on the monorail loop or boat-able. Supposedly check-in can start at 5:45, so maybe folks would have better luck being there early ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but, it sucks that it isn’t as accessible as before. Getting up there and seeing it 25% full was frustrating knowing we’d be there half an hour and gone well before the fireworks

1 Like

I was so hoping they’d keep the old artwork, I loved the Tomorrowland pictures. Is the monorail mural behind the bar gone too? :cry:

For what it’s worth, I called DVC yesterday and they told me I wouldn’t have a problem getting a regular table at opening time around 6, without a Wicked Wind Down reservation. We shall see!

1 Like

That does not track with anything anyone is reporting. I hope your experience is different. Right now it sounds like a cluster. When are you going?

I have read some reports of people arriving very early and then getting called back within 20 minutes but that does not seem to be the usual experience.

The monorail behind the bar is still there

1 Like

We were there 15 min after opening and had to wait 30 min… The walk up queue opens at 5:45, so you might be okay then. Some one has to be the first walk-up person admitted, so it could be you!

1 Like

Second week in August. I’m thinking they should open up all seating for WW until interest wanes.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

I’m there mid September and hoping to go up without the cover charge.

2 Likes

I think the most important question everyone should be thinking about is, who is going to bring me as their guest? :wink:

2 Likes

I will bring you.

1 Like

2 Likes

Do you want the bad news?

At the moment you can only take people who are staying with you as guests. Hopefully that’s temporary, maybe until they see how demand goes.

Of course, if @OBNurseNH can add you to her reservation it’ll be fine. Also we don’t know if they are strictly checking the numbers or not. Anyone know?

2 Likes

They were insistent on seeing my digital “blue card” vs just scanning the magic band like before

1 Like

You’ll be shocked, I’m sure, but reports are all over the map around how consistent this process is

:laughing:

2 Likes

I meant as in checking your actual reservation to see how many people are listed vs how many are in your party.

No, I only like good news :wink:

1 Like

I wish I had done a better job peeking at her iPad since there are four in our room and four of us showed up

Hi, quick question about the digital blue card. So I am blue card since I bought direct. I have my physical blue card from last year which I know isn’t used anymore. I downloaded some type of card from the DVC page and it’s in my apple wallet. That worked fine most of my February trip but at one restaurant they said they needed to see the expiration date. The card in my apple wallet doesn’t show an expiration date. Is there another card I need to download? I wish I could just use a physical card!

1 Like