New Top of the World Lounge Nightly Event

I wonder how much of the lounge will be dedicated to the new Wind Down?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. It’s all over Twitter and insta. What do they mean by an “eligible” resort reservation? I could read that as staying at any wdw resort and holding a “blue” dvc card. Bc they don’t specify BLT I don’t know what else to assume. Did I miss something? I read it a few times

You have to be staying somewhere on property to access the lounge.

2 Likes

I think I am a little upset that they took the name “Wind Down” that was an amazing event after hours in EP and are now using it here….

3 Likes

I just hate that they are Monetizing Everything.

Sigh.

2 Likes

Look, it’s not as though there’s a whole division of the company devoted to imagineering or anything. And the thesaurus only works so well.

3 Likes

huh. so at a minimum this is going to affect the capacity limits for walk ups. I’d be interested to see if they sell out of or limit these Wind Down spots or if they fill up the whole place with them.

1 Like

I have been reading reports that people booked yesterday but many people called today and their dates are sold out.

I did ask if there were two seatings on the nights with two shows but someone asked MS and was told only one seating a night.

1 Like

The way I read this, I’m thinking this is only available to “blue card” members:

"
Eligibility

Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members with access to Membership Extras …
"

Which is upsetting, as I bought resale BLT recently thinking I’d have access to the lounge when it opens back up.

The research I did at the time suggested that since the lounge relied on membership fees it should always be accessible by any BLT owner (and there was even an official Disney page somewhere showing that all DVC member had access to this lounge) - though I’m sure there’s some verbiage somewhere in the contract that gives DVC an out to do whatever they want.

I just watched a couple of videos from the media preview night and while I do like the refresh the space received, I do not feel I would spend for the upcharge and would rather take my chances with walkup.

Current menu pricing, provided the sweet treat is the 7 Lair Cake, means if you get the most expensive drink and app you’ll almost break even. Right now. But after people sell it out for a short “intro” period, they’ll increase that price because they know they’ll still sell it out. And maybe I just want to go up and get a mocktail and watch the show.

:woman_shrugging:

For me it’s more on principle that I wouldn’t try for the reservation

1 Like

I thought it was walk up only no ADRs for ToW???

1 Like

The Wind Down requires a reservation booked through MS . You must be staying on-site booked with your points. You must also be a blue card member.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, I was confused and was confusing the Fab Four!

2 Likes

I have NO idea what The Wind Down is or booking through MS. I must need a second cup of coffee :grimacing:

1 Like

The link I posted in the first post:

1 Like

google answered the Wind Down: ‘Wicked Wind Down’ Disney Vacation Club Package With Reserved Fireworks Viewing Coming to the Top of the World Lounge at Disney’s Contemporary Resort - WDW News Today (wdwnt.com)

thank you!

I have to say, that’s the cheapest fireworks party yet!

1 Like

I think of it as a $55 increase since I currently am suspicious of the “walk up availability “.

6 Likes

And used to be free to 100% of eligible guests (which used to be all DVC)

4 Likes