New Top of the World Lounge Nightly Event

Oh! Unlike other dessert parties this is also “plus tax and tip”? I would budget around $100 per person? (Expecting at least 2 drinks per person)

It wasn’t dependent on BLT maintenance fees. DVC don’t own the lounge, Disney do.

Up until the closure Disney ran the lounge and took the profits (if any). Now it seems DVC are leasing the lounge from Disney, as they do with the Epcot lounge, and are using it as a marketing tool for direct sales.

I was contracted by my “new guide” yesterday. She mentioned four things: I have an August IY so if I add on this month I would get double points (I didn’t think that was true for GFVs?); I should call her if I want to tour the GFVs when I am at CC this month; Moonlight Magic; TotW is reopening before my trip.

ya mean the one Chapek GUTTED? :upside_down_face:

As far as paying for this hahah nope. I’ll take my pint of ice cream/cold drink from Fantasia Market and just sit on the Contemporary roof thankyouverymuch. :slight_smile: (course, so will about a billion others…sooo)

3 Likes

Yeah that’s the one.

1 Like

Hopefully the generally undiscovered stairs will remain that way and not ruin it for you.

1 Like

Of all the egregious f-ups that idiot has done, THIS is, by far, the absolute worst. Literally taking the creative out of a company based in creativity.

And the board cheers for it.

When people start complaining Iger is just as bad as Chapek I feel the need to pointout: Even iger wasn’t stupid enough to kill Imagineering.

last time I was going to do it, it looked like the secret was out and just about every floor was packed with people on the stair case. Soooo I just used my AP and went into the park :smirk:

3 Likes

Joe Rohde got out while the getting out was good.

Horrid.

3 Likes

Ugh, that’s unfortunate.

1 Like

So if I am renting a BLT DVC room the first week of August I can’t make reservations? My son loves villains so I was excited it was opening.

Unfortunately not. It is only for DVC members.

I’m so confused. Forgive me as I bought (resale) DVC when TOWL was closed.

I see explanation of the “villians lair” and then a separate explanation for the “wicked wind down”

access to Villians lair , is free and all dvc members staying on their membership (blue and white card) can go there where as the wind down is a paid event with food and only for blue card members.

Am I right?
so are these separate spaces then?

False. Only blue card members now

True. Because only blue card holders can purchase the Wind Down tickets

1 Like

Same space. But Wind Down guarantees access, table, one drink, one app, dessert, and reserved space for fireworks.

Walk up available to blue card holders as capacity allows.

2 Likes

Stinks for sure!

2 Likes

I bought resale recently and when my membership materials came a few weeks ago about the only perk mentioned was TOTW access. So I had it for a few weeks LOL. I decided going into my resale purchase to take to heart the only thing that paying all that money guaranteed me was my 210 points to stay in the 14 resorts I was eligible to use them in. IMHO all “perks” are about increasing FOMO to drive direct contract sales. I saw a funny calculator that not only calculated your savings buying resale vs direct - it translated that into the number of free Mickey ice cream bars one would have to eat during Moonlight Madness to make up the difference. Mine was 3,200 ice cream bars.

3 Likes

My savings buying resale amounts to AT LEAST $9500. So, with $9500+, I can pay for a lot of stuff out of pocket! In fact, I can buy a 50-60 pt contract right now at BWV for around $9500 resale!

My 160 points bought at resale saved be about $17K.
(Even though they expire in 20 years vs 35)

That’s a lot of Mickey bars

1 Like

I think Chad Pennychuff from MyDVCPoints Community originally invented that calculator?

1 Like

Walked up at 6:15, and were told with only the 15 tables it could be a while. Asked if we could get cake to-go, were told they couldn’t do that. I didn’t get a text until 6:51 (we were getting fed up with the wait, so we were headed back to the room when we got it).

Apparently the party kills half of the availability. But those folks can come and go anytime, so they hold those tables all night. Of course the vast majority of the tables were empty the entire time, so they’re sacrificing profits due to poor allocation. If they want to have the party, make it start at a set time to free up the tables for other guests.

They’re also not helping anything by only having one bartender. I can only imagine it gets slammed around fireworks time.

I’m also disappointed they removed the old artwork and feel the villains theming was unnecessary.

“the other side” was tasty, and the cake was as amazing as I remembered it from pre-covid times, but the restricted access left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the upside-down photos, I feel like I pulled a niter

6 Likes