New (to me) Restaurants

Pre-covid - yes. They were long tables for eight. Now, it seems they seat you at your own table, which is still fairly close to other people.

3 Likes

I was seated by myself at a table for 6 or 8 the 1 time I ate thetr in 2022.

2 Likes

Awkward

:grimacing:

3 Likes

It would have been worse if they seated me with a party of 7 though. Iā€™m used to eating by myself. Plenty of room to spread out the plates.

4 Likes

The tables are themed to resemble the typical long wooden tables you would find in a real German biergarten, so I think the smallest they have is a four-top (and most of those are pushed two together to make it a long table for 8). I went in November 2023 with my parents, I recall they pulled away one of the tables to give us our own four top (they did not seat anyone near us, but if they had done, that group would have been at a separate table). As others have said, there is not a huge amount of space between any of the tables, but itā€™s part of the theming/Biergarten set-up and I think itā€™s charming and adds to the atmosphere. There are moments during the set where the musicians lead the whole crowd in a toast that feels much cozier in that kind of set up than it would in a regular restaurant.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s some of your favorite stuff on the menu? It sounds fun, but I donā€™t want my stomach doing flip flops because I ate too much sausage/such. I donā€™t have a lot of experience with German food. Our city has a festival, but I only ever partake in the beer. :laughing: Is there safe stuff on the menu like chicken/Mac and cheese, or is it full on German? The atmosphere sounds fun.

1 Like

Yes, there is always something safe like that. Plus the potato salads and casseroles are very good. Heck, I love it all.

2 Likes

My favorite item was the roast beef at their carving station. Biergarten is a buffet. I started trying to name items, and got too hungry remembering them! As someone from the upper midwest, itā€™s just ā€œnormalā€ food. You can search online and find photos of their foods.

5 Likes

Iā€™m German and while I LOVED dining in the Biergarten and the authentically German enterainment, I didnā€™t find the food particularly authentic - but in good news, I think itā€™s very accessible for a US dining audience :slight_smile:

You can easily find something you like with their buffet. As others have said, there is a meat carving station, rotisserie chicken, and plenty of other meats (including sausages, ā€˜Schnitzelā€™ which is breaded chicken, veal or pork cutlet akin to chicken tenders). There is also a mac and cheese style dish, as well as the German ā€˜spaetzleā€™ noodles (this was my favourite dish). Plenty of salads, veg (sauerkraut too, of course) and bread including pretzel rolls. The desserts were not particularly inspiring (truth be told, German dessert are not) - but we actually loved their chewy chocolate chip cookies.

4 Likes

Yes! Iā€™m not a big german food fan, but they have the best nudlegratin which is like the best mac and cheese of your life. They also had some basic non-sausage (really good meatballs) and the apple strudel dessert was amazing. I was worried I wouldnā€™t find much to eat, but I ate more than I should.

4 Likes

Just watched a Disney Dining show review. Rhino, who tends to be a picky eater loved it. He even said ā€œThese people know how to make Mac and cheese.ā€ Between his thoughts and all of yours - Iā€™m sold! The dining room looks beautiful.

5 Likes

This is the 2nd time Iā€™ve heard similar reviews between him and me. Might need to check him out. The other item in question was the chicken sandwich at Connections Cafe which was way better than it had any right to be.

3 Likes