New (to me) Restaurants

One of the things I try and do on trips is try new restaurants. It gets hard because heaven knows I have my favorites. For this trip (27 days!!!) I picked Wolfgang Puck and Toledo. Thoughts?
I also have to pick some quick service spots, which isn’t my wheelhouse at all. My goal is to max out the dining plan, but not live on burgers, chicken fingers and fries. Docking Bay 7 (new to me) looks like good food and great maximization opportunity. Any overall suggestions?

9 Likes

I love Toledo and I will squeeze it in sometime this year. I think I prefer it to Jaleo. We generally stick with the tapas menu but I don’t think you can go wrong.

Wolfgang Puck is a favorite of my son and daughter in law. They always split meals there. They asked for it to be on the list for our next trip.

6 Likes

:drooling_face:

Did not disappoint. Was happy to have been there to dine by a friend’s choice because it wasn’t exactly on my radar. It was amazing!

I love the kefta!!!

5 Likes

I think Docking Bay 7 is a good choice.

5 Likes

We tend to avoid burgers and chicken fingers as much as possible. Docking Bay 7 was great. Really liked the tuna poke. DD enjoyed the chicken as well. Satuli Canteen is probably our favourite QS. Les Halles has so many good options (and you can have a mimosa!) Don’t love any of the options in MK. We often take the boat to Poly and eat at Captain Cook’s.

5 Likes

We miss each other by a day :slightly_frowning_face:

QS stuff we do: Alex likes the salmon at CHH. The hushpuppies there are a favorite of one of my Disney friends from home. I much prefer taking a break and heading to a resort for QS lunch when at MK. Contempo is nice and easy to monorail to and then walk back. There is a breakfast bowl of tots and cheese omlette at Lunching Pad too. Haven’t tried it but have heard it’s a decent breakfast. We always do Y&Y Cafe for QS breakfast at AK. Good filling breakfast bowl for me and sausage wrapped in pancake for the kid. Bonus points for snagging a seat by the water across from the tree of life while the flotillas go by. At HS there’s ABC Commissary for QS too which is a solid staple for us when we need something quickly and we like the brisket grilled cheese at Woody’s lunchbox too.

Toledo is great. I’ve been the past two trips and will probably do it again on the next trip. You’ll love it. Highly recommend going a tad early to check out the lounge and views with a cocktail from Dahlia.

4 Likes

Definitely my favorite QS breakfast on property. We have RD’d Le Halle each of our last 4 trips.

2 Likes

Toledo is fabulous. Great choice.

4 Likes

Toledo is fantastic. Best meal I’ve had on property.

2 Likes

Echoing the others on Toledo. It’s really great. Pecos Bills has a fajita platter that’s a great value for the dining plan. Same at Flame Tree at AK.

1 Like

Docking Bay 7 is a great choice and the cocktails are good too.

3 Likes

I keep forgetting there are hushpuppies at CHH! Maybe I need to go there after all. It otherwise doesn’t appeal to me.

2 Likes

We’re going to try a few new restaurants on this trip for the same reason as you. I need to branch out from my favorites! Here are the new ones we are trying:

QS: Connections Cafe (maybe CHH!)

TS: Raglan Road, Sebastian’s Bistro

I always include a few tried and true favorites to make sure we will be satisfied!

5 Likes

Chicken sandwich :drooling_face:

2 Likes

That’s why!!

2 Likes

I approve.

3 Likes

We went to DB7… probably never again. Tasted like fake, microwaveable meals.

At HS, we like Backlot Express, Woody’s, or perhaps the Rosie’s area for QS. We tried Sci Fi Diner for the first time last this trip, and it was surprisingly good food.

2 Likes

Raglan Road is so good! I’m sure the kids will love the dancing too.

2 Likes

DW loves Irish music and dancing. I’m sure I will enjoy it too! Just trying to decide which dish will be best suited for my picky palate. :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

DB7 is hit or miss for me. The times it has been good, it is excellent, top notch fare. The times it was a miss was very disappointing – soggy noodles, cool food, etc. Most of my bad experiences have been at DLR, not HS.

But my wife has never gone wrong with the kefta, if that’s your thing.

2 Likes