New Timer Confession

Aw, you are very sweet @laurhiggins. :heart:

1 Like

Gotta love a person who still remembers the first song of the first Doors album… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love the planning. I went to Cuba this year and was bored. The planning and looking, and learning, is all part of my Disney vacation, and lucky me I get to start it sometimes 1 year before I actually travel. So I get to enjoy the whole process for much longer then my week trip.

I guess you either wing it, or embrace it. Thank God I love to embrace it!!

4 Likes

Most of you are a heck of a lot nicer than I am. I do hope that OP got whatever satisfaction they were looking for by showing up and insulting every member of a helpful, welcoming, civilized forum. Because if they didn’t, I have no idea what the point of this post was.

12 Likes

I have no idea why you would come on this forum and say this:

"I think all of you are odd,

You are weird. All of you.

Thank you."

But it did make me LOL, so thanks for that. I imagine you received a lot of help and assistance for your upcoming trip from all of the “odd” and “weird” people on this forum, so maybe you could have just said thanks and left the insults off.

That being said, I did get a lot of comic relief from your post and did appreciate it for that. :smile: And I will say that I do understand your frustration with planning everything out, because I find myself feeling the same way. I am typically more of a beach vacation person myself, but going to Disney is also a lot of fun…just in a different way than a beach trip is. I hope you have a great time on your trip and find that your planning was worth it in the end.

8 Likes

Just returned from our second Disney trip (with kids 5 and 3) and was talking to a co-worker about how planning my Disney trip was almost as fun as actually being on it! Ha!
I will never understand the complaints about making ADRs, FP reservations, etc. Making those reservations are NOT required. You can go to Disney and just wing it! BUT, as someone who isn’t able to afford to take frequent vacations and can only stay for a couple of days, it was imperative for me to make certain reservations so that I knew my time and money would be maximized. It allowed us to effectively manage our time and ensure that we could fit in the max amount of fun, minimize wasted time, and have a relaxing Disney vacation!

8 Likes

I adore your response! I love the “oddity” of sharing Disney planning and tips and just overall Disney fandom with so many wonderful people I have never met on here. It’s a lovely respite from the day to day. I will continue to be odd for as long as humanly possible. :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome back!! Missed you!

When I first read this post, I thought I was hearing a newbie express the familiar last minute “let down” that many of us feel when our departure date is around the corner. It is a fairly common anxiety/excitement with some fatigue all rolled into one as THE TRIP that you worked hard for is about to become a reality. Lots of us here have felt it. I was going to assure you that it’s normal to feel like this but that you’ve clearly planned well, all will be great and that we can’t wait to hear all about it.

Then I finished reading your post.

Don’t bother. I couldn’t care less how it turns out.

The folks on this forum are some of the smartest and most thoughtful people I’ve come across online or in 3D. They are also clearly more gracious than me.

14 Likes

Here here!!

1 Like

This has been fun for me to watch the last day or so as last week a “friend” who asked for my help suddenly became incredibly disrespectful about the things I was trying to figure out for her. I don’t usually help friends who aren’t very close as much as I was, but her trip was a train wreck. She eventually told me that “I get it…you know your Disney” as if I was trying to show off. It really bothered me as I was strictly doing it out of love and concern.

I hope this OP and my “friend” manage to meet each other in the throngs of people during their trips!

8 Likes

Seriously. I never help people plan unless they know me very well! And even then I say, “How much help do you want?” :smile:

3 Likes

And that’s not that easy to sing either!

2 Likes

some people don’t get until it hits them on the head. They’re looking for the magical bullet to make their trip wonderful. When they don’t get it they look to blame someone, something, but never themselves. I say take responsibility and do the work, you get out what you put in. As for @beckeysteve you can knock the process, but don’t knock the people.

7 Likes

What @ezed62 said ^^

Who is also nicer than me.

4 Likes

In planning our first trip as a family (fast approaching at 22 days!!!), I have felt burn-out from the extensive planning, because let’s be real, it’s extensive. In those times am I extremely grateful for this “odd” community of wonderful human beings on whose expertise I can lean on to carry my plans to new heights.

For the most part though, the planning has been so much fun & sharing this “oddity” with a like-minded group has been one of the best things that’s ever happened to me. Exploring the possibilities of plans for my trip has felt like a mixture between a choose-you-own-adventure book and a an interactive puzzle!

At 70 days when we had to re-arrange the cosmos, was I a little worried? Absolutely! Was I also secretly excited that I got to pull out the charts & planning resources and get to find another combination of possible amazing touring plans? Yes, yes I was. And if that is odd, well then: I’m odd and I’ll never be normal. I’m not normal and that’s not odd. There’s no one I’d rather be than me. Tee hee hee.

P.S. Kudos to everyone on this thread who responded with generosity & positivity. Your responses all echo what makes this odd place wonderful.

16 Likes

Well, that’s my new favorite way of describing Disney planning. Thanks, @lolabear_la!

6 Likes

I agree!!

2 Likes

You’re very welcome @theredhead! With DLR being our family’s home base of Disney vacations, planning on WDW’s scale has been truly a whole new world.

2 Likes

A :musical_note:shining, shimmering, splendid :musical_note:one, I hope!

4 Likes