New Timer Confession

I hope that you wrote your post after one too many, and immeadiately regretted it. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone ‘odd’ who has posted their thoughts, experiences, and advice on this site. It will help make our family holiday a more magical and relaxing experience than it would otherwise have been.

7 Likes

:musical_note: Wonder by wonder, over sideways & under :musical_note: on this magic planning ride! :smile:

3 Likes

Being left handed, I knew I was a little off center. Spending 4 months of mortgage payments ,on 7 days in the worlds happiest place .you bet your bass I’m going to be obsessed with the planning. The look on 6yro face when there ,makes it all worth it!!!

5 Likes

I find that you invest exactly as much of your time, energy, and let’s be honest… your nervous system… into planning a WDW trip as you want to. The vast majority of vacationers will never, ever hear about Touring Plans, or the DISboards, or Mousesavers, because they are not planners (and specifically obsessed planners). The majority go to WDW having at most checked a dog-eared paperback out of the library, or doing some cursory surfing of the web.

We’re here because, in some sick way, we enjoy pouring over our plans, meticulously managing every micro-detail. We are the people who have to find every single easter egg in a video game. We are the people who stay up until 3am agonizing over our fantasy baseball lineups.

And when we do go, our plans are so well put together, it’s like a magic trick. and you know what? I may put in twice as much effort into the planning, but when I’m at WDW, I’m the most laid back dad in the park. As I look around at the frantic scrambling, the meltdowns, the tears and bitter recriminations, my family and I just float along enjoying twice the rides with half the effort. THAT’S the payoff.

20 Likes

Yes! This! I’m perfectly relaxed and calm once we get there. Plus, my family thinks I’m AMAZING for making things so easy.

8 Likes

It’s like a magic trick…exactly! Our trip last fall included my SIL and her family. This was their one and only trip. Her husband had been really negative about the whole thing beforehand. He had such a great time because my planning kept it from being miserable. THAT was my magic trick!

5 Likes

I pray you relax and enjoy your Disney vacation. I love having the chance to plan a few things out before our trip. When I went with my kids for a week and a half it made it so much more enjoyable. My husband says I am obsessed with Disney and I probably am. The last time I went was my 8th visit to the world and I loved every minute of it. I love to plan yet this time was more relaxing then any because it was just my mom and I. But I enjoyed having fastpasses for rides that were hard to get and restaurants that I haven’t gotten to enjoy yet. In the end all of my hard work paid off for the vacation that I loved and got to enjoy. I helped a person that from the UK plan their trip. I didn’t want to have every detail mapped out so there was many choices that they could have and they realized how much those fastpasses and dining reservations meant when it came down to it. They said they had a wonderful time and I am sure you will too! Just relax now because your planning is done :wink:

3 Likes

NAILED IT!!!

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself!!!

Referring to thumpers quote!!

1 Like

Am I the only person who read this original post as sarcasm? I read the post, literally laughed out loud, admitted that my obsessive planning is totally weird, and moved on. No offense taken. Hmmmm…maybe I’m weirder than I thought!!! :smile:

4 Likes

Not exactly. I never commented on it because I couldn’t figure out if it was sarcasm or real. It doesn’t help that the original poster never came back.

1 Like

I took it as a little sarcasm and a little bewilderment, either way I thought it was funny. My family feels the same way about my planning. I love it! I like the planning as much as the vacation. My husband likes to just “wing it” with all vacations. That is insane to me! But I am insane to him! lol All in good fun.

2 Likes

Yes, it could totally be sarcasm. After I got into the thread, I read it aloud to my DH and his response was “Yeah, you are all odd” because he doesn’t have compulsive planning impulses. He keeps asking me whenever he sees I am on Lines “Can I go on and post that you are all odd?” Ever the joker that man, which is why I love & keep him.

2 Likes

My husband doesn’t understand it, but he definitely appreciates. After each trip we have had at DL he tells the kids, Thank your mom for planning such a great trip!

The most he asks is " What’s the general plan?" Which means, what time do we start, what are eating, what is our midday break & what nighttime show(s) is/we are seeing? The rest to him is gravy and fun and I could easily leave him to shop & pin trade all day while I execute whatever touring plan I’ve got and after watching the FWs together we would go home happy.

1 Like

No, I thought so as well, which is why I took the time to answer. But then DW says that I always try to think the best of people.

3 Likes

“Am I the only person who read this original post as sarcasm? I read the post, literally laughed out loud, admitted that my obsessive planning is totally weird, and moved on. No offense taken. Hmmmm…maybe I’m weirder than I thought!!! :smile:

You are not. I took it as a joke, and my first reaction to the ensuing comments is that folks might should lighten up.

3 Likes
  1. Check the definition of sarcasm.

2. If it is indeed sarcasm, I give the attempt a 3/10 - must try harder.

3. :wink:

5 Likes

Oh well! Add “broader-than-average definition of sarcasm” and “difficult to offend” to my list of wierd traits! :wink:

1 Like

You didn’t see what I did there did you? :wink: