New Summer Disney Visa Discounts

My guess is because the other dates are when camps or schools are usually in session, so they’re trying to entice people to come then instead of the week when there’s nothing scheduled for lots of kids.

2 Likes

So, Labor Day weekend is the following week. But why this weekend before is singles out as excluded is weird. Late August isn’t peak time… And earlier in August should by all rights be busier as some schools are still not started. Here they start between the 2nd week of August to after Labor Day. It really is odd. Now I’m googling. If I find anything, I will keep you posted, lol.

2 Likes

Tried to rebook my wilderness lodge stay in June and even though room type shows it’s not available when you click purchase. Called Disney they said no rooms left in any category but nature fireworks view - ugh

I am so glad others posted about this because I am also SO curious about why that August week is excluded! That is usually when we go because the parks are typically dead and discounts are usually good… what are they up to??

1 Like

They still have a discount that week - it’s for the gift card. But it is curious why this week was excluded. Maybe this week already had enough resort rooms booked?

2 Likes

Great deals here. Really just need them to start selling annual passes now so I can book a discounted room :roll_eyes: maybe I will put a deposit on hold in hopes that they start selling them sometime this spring.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I just sent to my travel agent to see if we qualify for the discount at the campground for our upcoming trip. You don’t see many discounts at the campground so I was excited to see this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. My thoughts exactly on this being an unusual “hole” in the schedule. Usually late August is very slow because of the heat/schools (and now I’m paranoid we are walking into a big event or something else that will make it not as worth it).

2 Likes

Does Disney generally do a discount like this this time of year? I’m wondering if it’s something special, like maybe now that the 50th is over they are struggling to fill rooms (and maybe DL’s 100 is pulling people away this year).

1 Like

The only things I’ve found so far is a conference at Yacht Club but it seems excessive to close the discount for every resort the whole week.

Iirc, yes. Free Dining package used to be a thing around this time. I remember seeing a lot of August and September discounts in the past.

2 Likes

I love this website! Historical Disney World Discounts - MouseSavers.com

It shows historical discounts and when they were released.

1 Like

Okay, this is super cool. Off to get lost for a little bit…

It DOES look like the steep Disney VISA discount this year is a bit unusual.

2 Likes

Len had said on some thread that they are seeing that WDW bookings are down - but cruise bookings are up. Things might finally be evening out.

4 Likes

The other thing - they have raised prices significantly. So the discounts are deeper but the actual rate is probably still higher than it was years ago. (Assumption - not calculated numbers here :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Probably correct!

1 Like

Did a google search during lunch and I found this website

They have that week as TENTATIVE World Princess Week

I’ve never heard about this, seriously doubt that it is the cause

This is the link for last year’s Wolrd Princess Week

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2022/08/world-princess-week-returns-next-week/

Rooms are sold on those nights and they don’t need a discount to move them

That’s the only reason there is ever a discount: lower than desired sales. If rooms are booking up they don’t need a discount.

I am 99% sure you have to check in on one of the dates that the discount is offered. So for them to give it to you on night 4 you would have to check out after night 3 and back in - separate reservation and all - on what is currently your night 4 but would be a new night 1 of a split stay.

3 Likes

As a follow up, my travel agent was able to apply this discount to our June stay at the campground and it’s saving us a whopping $32. :joy: Because we booked before Disney raised their ticket prices, we had to pay the new ticket prices, but then got the discount on the room (campsite) for a net savings of $32. Oh well, every little bit helps, right?!

3 Likes

That it does!!

1 Like