New resort/ticket/package reservations for 2021

Yes, that is backwards. You can book tickets for 2021 now, not 2020.

Wish somebody would explain that to Disney

2 Likes

What a mess!

2 Likes

I have been doing some napkin math today and have come up with the following numbers for the price of Park tickets (excl. tax) that are part of room packages:

• 3-day tix = $133.33 /day
  • 4-day tix = $127.94 /day
  • 5-day tix = $114.51 /day
  • 6-day tix = $103.66 /day
  • 7-day tix = $94.76 /day
  • 8-day tix = $89.37 /day

Is it me or does that seem high?

It appears Disney is taking advantage of us by forcing us into rack rate rooms and inflated ticket prices for reduced theme park experiences.

Does that come with PH? Is it for Peak days? If so, that isn’t too far off my expectation. But if that’s just one-park-per-day tix then yes, that’s high.

1 Like

I did the room only option on the website, then went back and refreshed the price with the package option. I then subtracted the two and divided by the number of days (plus 1 as they state park tickets for one extra day) for the tix price.

I did the searching for Jan 5 - Jan 13

1 Like

So I’m in an interesting situation. I booked ASMo for May 2021 before they shut down reservations. Am I supposed to call Disney? Am I supposed to ride it out in hopes that it opens? I tried calling today, but all circuits are busy, I’m sure for many reasons. So I guess I’ll try again tomorrow maybe?

That is weird! A CM was able to add 8 day PH to my previously booked June 2021(which was rescheduled from our original June 2020). It took a LONG time this morning, like almost 3 hours going back and forth on hold, and she needed to contact another Guest Services CM because for some reason she could see my reservation but couldn’t access it herself, but the tickets were added AND I was able to book our Park Passes too!

1 Like

My napkin math put our June 2021 8 day PH tickets at $84.49/day for each person.

This is very trusted and respected website in the UK: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-disney-florida-theme-parks/

If you scroll down to #6 you’ll see some ticket agents are mentioned. Floridatix.com is one of them.

1 Like

I dunno.
I never got past “all circuits are busy” when I tried to call. (Hoping that each one of those doesn’t result in a long distance charge but nothing would surprise me at this stage)

Maybe my CM couldn’t add tickets because I’m renting DVC points?

Although I don’t understand why she said she could’ve added tickets if my reservation was in 2020 rather than 2021… but who knows.

OK. I know I have miscounted my fingers and toez before, so I could be off…

Here was my raw data:

I was able to book March 2021 and it gave me the option of purchasing tickets with the room but we already have them from our cancelled march 2020 trip. I’m not sure why we had the option when others didn’t. Not very excited because I’m not convinced it will happen but glad to have the option! If they have DAH again we will probably go.

Every reseller mentioned in your link is selling 14-day Disney tickets expiring in 26.09.2021 for 469 pounds (583 USD using today’s rates).

It might be an alternative for people who really want to ensure they have tickets, but IIUC they are completely non-refundable, so it means being sure of going to Disney and being OK with having money locked down.

Do you get a number to link into MDE immediately on purchase or do you need to wait for the hard tickets to arrive?

You wait for the hard ticket. Although my experience with them is a bit out of date, it was 3 years ago when my parents used them. I’ve used them before that but there wasn’t even an app back then.

1 Like

Wow! I think I just paid that price for 7-day tickets!

The 14 day ticket is the same price as the 7 day almost all, if not actually all, the time. They know we don’t fly all the way to Florida for just one week and if we’re there 2 weeks they want us in their parks spending money, not at Universal.

Smart move!! And here I am thinking our 10 day trip is so long.

Bumping this very old thread. I read some chatter on other sites that some UK resellers don’t require a UK address of the purchaser, so you might be able to buy them from the US. With the favorable USD/GBP exchange rate, the cost is attractive if you’re looking for 7+ days of PH, and they throw in some freebies like PH+ and Memory Maker.

Anyone ever tried buying a UK package from the US?

1 Like

In another group, someone shared a link for U.K. tickets and said they’ve bought some and had no issues.