New RD Procedures For Each Park

If we are one of the 1st ones on the Skyliner from CBR to HS will we get there too late to get on MMRR before the 10am BG drop?

1 Like

I think the Swan & Dolphin are OK for dropping off.

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

Oh that’s another piece I hadn’t thought of. That boarding group is more important to my tweens (and let’s face it, to myself) than MMRR for sure.

We walked from Boardwalk and arrived about 8:35am I think. We were very close to the front of the line, they did temp check at 9:10am on the dot and we pretty much walked on to MMRR (maybe 10 min wait of walking and just at the end) and were in line for Slinky Dog by 9:30am. We got our 10am BG in line for Slinky Dog (which we chose 2nd for its outdoor cue and no worries of weak signal). We were very close to the front of the Slinky Dog line at 10am but it’s risky cuz 1-2 min off and we would have missed it because we were on the ride. I’ve heard other liners have got BG’s while in line for MMRR

2 Likes

Great thread! It dawns on me I have questions I didn’t know I had. :crazy_face: 18 days. Yay!!
Staying at Contemporary. MK opens at 9 and they will let us through at 8:10? What’s a good time to start walking to the park?

HS opens at 10 and they will let us in at 9:10?
I have a 7:50 ADR at Trattoria and walk to HS from there. Sounds like I will be cutting it close if breakfast takes longer than an hour …
Taking an Uber. Is it correct I can be dropped at Boardwalk entrance instead of cutting through one of the hotels? Thanks, y’all.

2 Likes

On Columbus Day we were first in HS and on my picture it says 9:01. We were led up to the temperature checks at 8:45 and help there and right at 9:00 were let in.

BTW, I learned this in another forum that the Speedway gas station is probably the shorter walk vs a resort to DHS. Plus, we can grab water and a morning snack for cheaper than in the park

:joy:

5 Likes

This is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing this tip! I am assuming crossing Buena Vista there is a crosswalk etc?

The path goes underneath the road so no crosswalk needed.

1 Like

This is great news! Thank you!

1 Like

We were at Bay Lake and I tried very hard to get my family out the door at 745, then again at 750 and at 753 DS16 still in shower and I’m talking to him thru the door we’re leaving him if he’s not ready by 8 lol. So we left our room at 8 and put our bags in the car in the parking lot at 807 and were in temp check line at 8:11. So I’d say an 8am departure is prolly sufficient but if you want to be front of the line I’d leave earlier.

2 Likes

We head to Hollywood the first week of December and are staying at Caribbean beach. We will have our car so we can drive if needed. What would you all recommend for transportation to get to Hollywood as early as possible (hoping to be there 8:00ish)? Car, Skyliner, or try a bus to Magic Kingdom and transfer to Boardwalk to walk to Hollywood? Thanks!

As of a month ago … the skyliner was opening about 45 minutes before the park, and had a long line an hour before the skyliner opened. Unless it has gotten better, drive your own car.

Walking from BC to HS, do you have to walk all the way around the Boardwalk past Jelly Rolls?
There doesn’t appear to be a more direct path.
And I can’t imagine in The Year of COVID, we’d be permitted to cut through the Boardwalk Inn Lobby.

I walked in and out of several resorts just to check them out and was never questioned, so you probably could. Also, there was an outside staircase near the lobby that we used to walk to DHS after our breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. (but going that way you either have to cut through some grass or cut through the tennis courts to get to the DHS pathway)

1 Like

Video of the walk from Speedway to path to HS:

6 Likes

We never ended up doing this. We stayed at CBR, got to Skyliner maybe 20 mins before it opened (Which was over an hour before park opening) and had no issue being one of the first people in the park. (Last Sunday, did MMMR, RC & ToT by park open.)

2 Likes

This walk seems less treacherous and shorter than I thought. Very helpful to those considering this path.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! My family and I leave Monday and are staying at CBR. Hoping skyliner won’t be insane. Planning on getting in line at 7:55 or 8 ish and hoping to be near the front of the line.