New movie

Fixed it.

2 Likes

I agree with this. There was so much in the Broadway show that they left out in the movie ! We didnā€™t like it as much because some of our favorite stuff was missing.

1 Like

So I never got around to watching the movie and thanks to this I just started it. Iā€™m about half way through and I love it! I donā€™t know about James Corden though. Something is a little bit offputting with him in this role. I like him generally though. Chris Pine and the other princeā€¦ chefā€™s kiss.

2 Likes

This was the first role I had ever seen James Corden in. If it hadnā€™t been first, I donā€™t know if I ever could have accepted him in a serious role.

1 Like

Try to find the video of the original Broadway cast; the Disney film is good, but the stage video is better.

2 Likes

I first saw him on Doctor Who; it kind of flavors all his other roles.

2 Likes

They actually had Donna Murphy - who voiced Mother Gothel (who IS The Witch in ITW) - do a lot of the table reads for the movie. She played The Witch in the Shakespeare in the Park production and was fabulous! Very different from Bernadette, but AMAZING! She did enough pre-reads of it a lot of people hoped Disney would have her do it rather than Meryl.

3 Likes

Wait. Life is not all rainbows and unicorns?

2 Likes

Oh, they should have put her in it! I like Meryl Streep, but she was not the right person for that role.

2 Likes

Donna would have been AMAZING!! Her ā€œLast Midnightā€ - particularly in the final performance - got a 5-minute standing ovation.

Of course Iā€™m sure her daughter would have been annoyed. A fellow Times Square Disney Store CM and I met her at the ā€œstage gateā€ and were discussing Gothel/Witch and she laughed and said ā€œMy daughter looked at me the other day and said ā€˜When this is over, can you PLEASE stop being the person who kidnaps Rapunzel???ā€™ā€ HAHA!!!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s priceless!!!

1 Like

Yeah, we all laughed about it.

1 Like

They needed the nameā€¦

1 Like

They had Deppā€¦

2 Likes

And Emily Blunt! And Anna Kendrick! That movie was full of names. They didnā€™t need Meryl. Though she never hurts.

3 Likes

Good points!

Donna has a much better voice without studio help though.

Ahem:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Meryl Streep is amazing in most things. I do agree that her rendition of the witch in Into the Woods feltā€¦off. but she brought a level of originality to the role, so thereā€™s that.

4 Likes