New Magic Bands upgrade finally Available

Good point.

For example, here is the band my wife chose. While the Minnie side is a little loud, the back side is really what she likes most, since it is a variation of the castle…

Front side…

Back side…

6 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh I like that one too! It was one of the ones that caught my eye! :smiley:

I looked up bands on ShopDisney and see a few others there that also weren’t available at the discount MDE price. I wonder if the selection of the $10 bands will be limited, or if eventually all the $25 bands will be available?

Can’t answer that…but if it comes down to it, it is squabbling over $15, I suppose.

Now, actually, there was a Dooney and Bourke band I really liked (no longer available) that was my first choice, but I just couldn’t justify paying $50 instead of $25.

1 Like

The female villains one is absolutely crap on the other side. That one is much nicer than the front.

I don’t think it is anyone’s friend.

If this proves to be really popular and they really start moving MBs, I would expect it to be so. The fact that versions of MBs are already disappearing is a good indication of that.

2 Likes

This is a good point…and it leads me to wonder if Disney is doing this because they have plans to replace the MagicBand 2.0 with something newer (same technology, just newer look/design), OR if they plan to release a whole new line of MagicBand styles, but want to clear out the old ones first.

I doubt newer look/design as they just replaced them last year (or 2017, I forget which). It’d be more likely new styles are on the way.

But I still think it’s simply tapping into the market of those who didn’t want to purchase them before. So once this little experiment is proven successful, the floodgates will open to all styles. Which will THEN, given Disney’s track record, continue on to then create even more categories.

• “Complimentary” (the ones currently free)
  • “Deluxe” (the ones we’re seeing now or determined unpopular decal’ed ones) for $10,
  • “Premium” (which are the ones that are really cool or popular) for $15-$20,

and then maybe even

• “Designer” (like D&B) for $30-$35.

I doubt we’ll ever see Limited Edition ones for just that reason, but who knows.

4 Likes

Actually, they have had limited edition ones in the past…ones that trigger special effects at certain Tapstyles, etc.

Yeah, but not at a super discount. Which is what I’m talking about.

1 Like

WHAT? Special effects? That is awesome!

Ah. Gotcha. Right. Makes sense.

My favorite was the one they had that, when you entered the park, when you tapped in at the Tapstyle it teleported you to your first choice ride automatically!

:wink:

(Okay. Not quite THAT special of effect.)

5 Likes

HAHAHA… Maybe someday :wink:

Yup, there’s a few out there that play different colors at the gates and make different sounds. Sadly, they’re a bit few and far between. I don’t believe anything happens once you’re past the gates though (Like nothing as you tap in for your Fast Pass)

This site has a good run down.

EDIT: OH, I gave bad info, I just saw it DOES do things for a fast pass depending on the band and the park (like F&G ones do stuff in Epcot’s FPPs, but not other parks).

2 Likes

Aw, that’s a bummer. I was picturing it at all the ride FastPass tap-ins.

Agreed. :frowning:

The color will also change based on your status too… So far only for DVC as far as I can tell, though (I think other things will give different colors, but I don’t know off the top of my head). I wish AP holders got special effects, that’d be the bee’s knees. But I guess we just have to settle for getting that sweet-sweet dedicated line at the gate.

2 Likes

Argh every one o choose has sold out, I don’t like any that are left. I hope they restock.

1 Like

face palm on the Disney roll out of this :woozy_face::woozy_face:

2 Likes

I’d say it’s pretty typical! ie absolutely rubbish!

2 Likes