New Magic Bands upgrade finally Available

After several tries was able to get the Villians for SO and Castle for myself! #adultonlytrip

1 Like

My confusion isā€¦ they have a Spaceship Earth magic band but not a Space Mountain one?? Come onā€¦ Iā€™d also take a BTM oneā€¦

2 Likes

I was able, after navigating a few error messages, to order mine at about 7:15 this morning. I chose the castle band, my DD7 got Vanellope, and my DD10 got the MK treats band. Iā€™m pretty happy with the selection they had, though I wish they had that Itā€™s a Small World band as a choice! And I love HM, but I hate that magic band they have for it. Letā€™s see some new ones!

Oh ā€“ they had a new dole whip band, too ā€“ that was cute. But Iā€™m allergic to citrus fruit, so I just couldnā€™t bring myself to represent.

3 Likes

Do you have to pay right away or can you keep modifying? what if you change your mind?

1 Like

Just ordered mine. Finally got it to go thru, you pay now and it is shipped before your check in date

1 Like

I just got mine too! Canā€™t wait until August:grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how to upgrade with a new annual pass - it says you can but for the life of me I canā€™t figure it out. We havenā€™t been yet so I figured there is an option to pick the day of visit and then upgrade? or am I wrong?

With your annual pass, you activate it on site, and then you can make your request for your Magic Band. You will NOT receive your Magic Band on that first visit. It will come in the mail later. So, if you want a magic band for your first visit, you will have to buy a Magic Band for yourself ahead of time.

Iā€™m assuming you can get a difference refund once you get there if you buy it ahead of time?

I doubt it. You canā€™t even buy Magic Bands using your annual pass shopping discount. I tried! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m from the UK and I finally managed to access the page by switching to the US site
edit - decided on the castle one and the sorcerer mickey one (split stay)

1 Like

Ah Disney.

If youā€™re anything, youā€™re consistent in your inability to roll out anything requiring technology without extreme hiccups.

6 Likes

This is actually pretty good for my family. I wanted to get the kids some different bands but for a one time trip $25 each was just too steep. I can swing $20 for both though. Now for me and the wife, we are going to take advantage of this trip to upgrade to an AP so we can do some solo trips. So we will just splurge and get the band we want.

1 Like

they need to hire TP IT

1 Like

I found away to mess it up. DH wanted orange, I chose villains, DS chose Stitch, DD chose Ariel. DS was listed twice in Magic bands only. Not anything else. Disney could not figure out why and could not delete duplicate. Because it is not linked to anyoneā€¦

So I go to checkout and it will not let me until I choose a band for the rouge one. My DH now wants Pirates, so I mistakenly added a Pirates to duplicate. I have 5 bands for 4 people and am afraid the Pirates was a waste of $10 since it is not link to real person.

I finally got on this morning - DS and I have already chosen our plain bands, but he now wants a character band.

I can pick his character band, but I also have to reorder my plain band. Except the colour I want - yellow - is no longer an option!! Argh!

I feel your pain. Why does it have to be so hard?

ETA I just tried from work and could pick yellow. All ordered. Phew!

2 Likes

1 Like

I had the same problem I could not choose between Mickeyā€™s Birthday and sorcerer Mickey so I got them both. I almost got Darth Vader but after 20 minutes of flip flopping I got the Birthday one because I think it might get discontinued.

1 Like

I got Minnie Polka Dots and The Castle and DH got Darth Vader and Pirates. (split stay) ItĀ“s working today.

2 Likes