New info on ROTR virtual queue

I am sure Disney just assumes you will be “nearby”. I’m sure the many off-site guests have nothing to worry about. That would definitely not be fair. Although you liners keep complaining about NO benefit for staying on site. :wink:

2 Likes

especially when they don’t open the gates early for parking and actually make ppl turn around if they arrive too early

I don’t go frequently enough for this to be an issue… Thanks Covid!

3 Likes

Hopefully this works as intended - actually makes me MORE likely to keep Studios as my departure day park in January since I might actually have a shot at getting onto the things I actually care about.

1 Like

If this is the same cheap, view-distorting clear barrier they put on the Safari jeeps … no thank you. Would suck to be in the back seat.

1 Like

The barrier itself has been on for a while so if anyone has ridden lately I’d be curious to hear. From what I understand it is not as opaque as the Safari barrier though.

2 Likes

“So, what did we think of the plexiglass on the Rise of the Resistance ride vehicle? It won’t bother the average guest. The scale of Rise of the Resistance is so grand that the action is largely happening all around you and the plexiglass didn’t take away from that. There were some times where the plexiglass was reflective and we caught glimpses of light that we shouldn’t have, but it really didn’t bother us. If this is the price of increased capacity and therefore creating a better opportunity for more guests to ride, it’s well worth it.”

6 Likes

I’ve not ridden RotR since the barrier, but it looks like the hard plexiglass barriers in Soarin, ToT, and the queues, not the soft plastic barriers in KS and LwtL

1 Like

The safari barrier is a plastic sheet, it is not rigid. It’s like heavy plastic. This looks to be plexi-glass which should be better for visibility I would think.

3 Likes

I should’ve read to the end. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Why?! I love when all of us Great Minds Think Alike

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link. It does at least look like an improvement over the KS barriers.

1 Like

I’m thinking another one of their main motivations for this change is AM crowd control. The current attraction wait lines are bananas!

Here’s another article about the barriers on RoTR
“ To be honest, the plexiglass made me feel just a bit like I was watching a TV show. I felt somewhat disassociated with what was happening.”. That’s a bit concerning.

This new way of booking BG’s could cause some problems…I have seen it mentioned, but I wonder how many AP holders will book HS every day, try for a BG and if they dont get it, switch to another park? I would be curious as to the % of people (in all PP buckets) that originally book a PP and then dont end up using it…If that happens, they could end up taking Park Pass inventory away from other people who dont care if they get a BG or not…

1 Like

I’m thinking the HS park pass becomes more valuable because it’s supply goes down due to the reasons you mention. This means trips including HS may have to be planned further out as park passes will be booked sooner. We’ll see if a countermeasure is put in place if there’s too much abuse to limit number of HS passes at any one time to one MDE account. Isnt there already a limit for total park passes at one time for offsite AP’s of 3 total at any one time?

2 Likes

Awesome. Now not only do I have to bust my hump to get to HS by RD but also wake up at 6:30am to get a BG. I don’t see how this helped on site guests. Now all of the bloggers and vloggers can just get a BG from the comfort of their home and come in later to ride ROTR for the 100th time. While those of us who traveled to WDW on vacation only have one or two chances.

2 Likes

CM are going to be the main beneficiary of this! There will no longer be a rush of disappointed guests running to them at 10:00:10 because they either didn’t get a BG or some members of their group were shut out of the BG and need to be added manually…In the old way of securing a BG, I have read multiple times where one person in a group would secure the BG but others in your friends and family list got shut out…What happens if this happens at 7am and theres no CM to help add the missing people? Do you risk going to the park and having the CM say others in your group cant be added?

1 Like

This is correct. The only “exception” is if an AP is staying onsite. They can book Park Reservations for each day of their stay plus the three they are allowed as APs

You still have to have a park reservation linked to MDE to get the BG. So, this doesn’t change the odds that you’ll get it versus a person doing their 100th ride. It’ll help with social distancing measures, as people tend to stop and cluster at the entrance of SW:GE and other areas at 9:45am. I agree that there’s not a lot of “extra” benefits to being on-site these days, outside of being in “The Bubble” and Disney transportation

I have also seen this. If it’s one or two people they’ll try to add you in. However, for larger groups, like 7 out of 10 didn’t get on due to an MDE glitch, the response I see most often about this is they get your group in a non-guaranteed back-up BG. Of course, this is done on a case by case basis and at the discretion of the CM. (It doesn’t hurt to be very polite to the CMs at Guest Relations when you have an issue.)

1 Like

The side benefit to this could be that if someone decides to not go to HS due to the lack of a BG, it means fewer people in the park for those who are planning to keep the DHS PP. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it will ultimately make it more difficult to get the early BG. Currently you are competing against only those tapped into the park. With the new system you could theoretically be competing against everyone with a park pass.

5 Likes

“I think it will ultimately make it more difficult to get the early BG. Currently you are competing against only those tapped into the park. With the new system you could theoretically be competing against everyone with a park pass.”

I agree with this 100%…Seems like every “FIX” Disney has attempted has also caused other unintended consequences…this “FIX” is likely to make it harder to get a BG and also make it harder to get a PP since most will book HS and cxl if they dont get a BG…

How about get rid of PP altogether and bring back FP+ and standby

2 Likes