New info on ROTR virtual queue

Yeah, I’m feeling better about this whole planning process now. Looking forward to better results too.

1 Like

Thanks for the news @Alewis678, I’m sorry to hear your May trip is postposed again. :pensive:

1 Like

I like this part! We knew about the barriers but they hadn’t been loading two parties per vehicle as of last week, per DFB:

To try to maximize the number of boarding groups we’re able to accommodate while adhering to current health and safety guidelines, we recently added a clear barrier between the two rows of seats on each First Order Fleet Transport vehicle inside the attraction. This enables us to invite more guests to board Star Wars : Rise of the Resistance each day.

7 Likes

Yes, this is just as important. It should definitely give you more time to secure a BG.

2 Likes

I think this is one of the two primary motivators to start this new process (the other being to stop everyone trying to arrive so dang early). There were people every day going to GS mad that they didn’t get a BG, despite the fact that it has been well known since day 1 that they are not guaranteed with admission. They were mad, and felt trapped having to commit the day to HS since they were already there. Now people can change the park they want to go to if they don’t get the BG, assuming there is availability. The people who work at GS are likely thrilled! They must hate having to go in and deal with all the ROTR BG mess day after day.

7 Likes

The downside to this, is yes they can change to another park, but they’re not likely to swap that for a different day at HS to try again. As of right now, every day between Nov. 12 and Jan. 2 (with exceptions of Dec. 16 and 25) is fully booked for HS. That may force people that really want to ride it on that same trip to have to take their chances at the 2pm drop. They can’t count on picking up a park pass someone else is dropping on a different day because they didn’t get a BG, because the park pass won’t be dropped until the morning BG’s are gone already.

2 Likes

maybe this explains why some of you were able to get a BG from home? They were trying it out for size

2 Likes

I still need to understand what nearby means cuz I’m NOT going to leave my house at 0600 to be ‘nearby’ for 0700 for a chance to get a BG. Thinking of other locals w/ APs

5 Likes

HS park passes still available on 11/3, the first day of this change. Try it out from home and let us know if it works. :grinning:

4 Likes

I think it’s a good change! Hopefully let’s you switch parks if you don’t get one and hopefully less disappointment.

1 Like

The third bullet point made me laugh. It screams please don’t come early. :joy:

6 Likes

Not for all groups, I see only 5 days booked up for HS in December for APs. But yes, the resort and ticket holder buckets are pretty full.
To me this just means you plan more days at HS, then if you get a BG the first day, you change a later date to another park, like Epcot. So instead of booking 1 day of a 4 day stay at HS, you book 2 days at HS. Only HS seems to suffer from being full days in advance. This will of course mean you need double the ADRs to account for which park you actually go to, but that is easy enough to do and then can cancel the ones you don’t need day of (not really cancel, but modify the reservation to a later date, and then cancel).

2 Likes

Excellent point. That’s a good strategy.

3 Likes

I wonder what nearby means as well. Or will it actually work from anywhere, they just say nearby to discourage people from trying outside of Orlando? Looks like HS has AP availability on Wednesday, maybe book a park day and try from home? Just cancel it right away if you get one and don’t plan to go, so someone else has a chance to get it.

3 Likes

I just suggested the same, then read your comment. Great minds think alike. :smile:

2 Likes

You know we (obsessed) Disney fans are always looking for a way around something!

2 Likes

:rofl: This is what I spend most of my Disney time on.

Wondering now if they will keep letting people in around 9:10 and having MMRR running so early anymore. It might actually be acceptable getting there via bus or skyliner now, although walking is still convenient even without the huge advantage.

Guessing it will become more like the other parks and you get let in around 9:30. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I think APs get penalized if they don’t show up for a park reservation three times in a certain period or something. Just a consideration for anyone thinking of trying. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Challenge accepted!

10 Likes

And this is why planning a vacation has been so much fun. Every time I think I have a plan, poof! it goes away… My HS day is 11/4 so this better work…

5 Likes