New info on ROTR virtual queue

2 Likes

Hope this means it won’t be so busy first thing in the morning🙂

4 Likes

Interesting! So the mad dash moves up 3 hours, and if you want to RD, you may not have to line up as early since not everyone will be in the park at 10am anymore (so walking from BW area loses some of its advantage?)

They’ve made it so you can do it from your hotel room or anywhere nearby. No need to even be at DHS until you’re ready. You just have to have a valid Park Reservation. (At least for the first drop. You so need to be inside DHS for the 2pm drop)

EDIT - Opps! Looks like you already understood. I misread what you typed.

Ok, so 7am from anywhere. Instead of 10am from in the park.

This will fix the awkward silence and motionless from 9:55-10:00! :rofl:

4 Likes

Cool.
So I can wake my family up with my 7:01 sobbing.
Much better to get that pesky hope out of the way early.

13 Likes

Yeah I got that. I should have been more clear. Still considering it a mad dash on the app at 7am no matter where you are physically. I do wonder exactly what they mean by “at your Disney resort hotel or wherever else nearby you may be.” Is there going to be a distance radius requirement or could you truly do it from anywhere?

3 Likes

No more practicing!

1 Like

You may now have 9 seconds to complete the mission instead of 7 seconds!

5 Likes

Yes, I thought the same, you need a park pass to attempt.

3 Likes

My bad too… I think I misinterpreted what you wrote!

I’m betting it’ll work remotely as long as you have a linked ticket / Park Reservation. (Though I’m not 100%)

It’s like they finally noticed what Universal has been doing for months!

Maybe this will slow the tide of people heading to Guest Relations at 10:01am!

2 Likes

If I had an AP, I would reserve a HS park pass to practice a time or 2 close before my trip, but I probably wouldn’t purchase a ticket just to do it, and then have to move the ticket to a real date I can use it.

3 Likes

So presumably, if you didn’t get the BG, you could cancel your park reservation and make a new one at a different park as long as there was availability?

11 Likes

Good point.

YES! Great thought. I actually have HS reserved for 4 out of my 7 days in March. :+1:

4 Likes

This is nice also in that once you have (or don’t have) your BG, you can now plan your arrival time accordingly. So, if we don’t get a BG, or get a larger BG number, we could decide not to bother heading into the parks until noon or something.

4 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how this goes. I’m looking forward to reports of success and everyone’s experiences.

3 Likes

The most interesting part of the announcement is this:

** Select one member of your party to access the virtual queue for everyone in your group; if multiple people in your party try to join the virtual queue simultaneously, that may complicate your ability to secure a boarding group*

5 Likes

Right, I think this helps a lot with when to arrive to HS, and if you are RDing, what rides to do first now that you know roughly when you will be in GE. I’m looking forward to getting a full month of data on how this changes wait times for the park throughout the day before it’s our time to be there.

4 Likes

The CM’s have been saying that for a while. It’s mainly to prevent a system overload. It has not really affected a groups ability to get a BG.

5 Likes