New info on ROTR virtual queue

FWIW, DFB got BG 1 today. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For anyone who has visited 11/3/2020 or later, were all members of your party pre-selected when you went to Join a BG? Or, did you have to check “Select All”?

Is there any info on what RD looked liked at HS with the new system in place?

My group was auto-populated this morning but I saw in another thread where someone had to fill it out when it was just them (group of one)

I can’t say how it compares since it was our first RD, but it was still busy. People still trying to get SDD and all the others. We were there by 8:45 and we there were plenty in front of us but a CM said the line wasn’t backed up as much as on some days.

1 Like

Working on updating Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue especially with the time change.

Looking for opinions on preferred method to attempt to join the virtual queue:
Hit “Join” from the home screen at the queue time or
Be on the vq attraction page before the queue time and refresh so the blue join button appears?
@HutchFamily
@JenniferB1975
Thank you for any help

I went from the home page this week and was successful. Trying again tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I got a BG Monday @10 before the change. I went from the page that showed all my plans.

Did you tap virtual queues before or right at 10?

As soon as it turned 10:00. Hit join

I had the virtual queue open and hit join button right at 10:00.

Did you have to refresh by swiping down right at 10 or did the blue join button automatically appear at 10? Ah, maybe this is a different approach

Had this page open at 9:59. I guess now it was be open at 6:59 since you can get them at 7:00 before entering park.

Don’t refresh. Just hit join right at 10:00.

1 Like

I practiced from home this morning. Didn’t use a countdown just watched my phone clock. As soon as it turned seven there was no join button so I pulled down to refresh the page, hit join, party select page hit join again, then got this screen. Theoretically, did I get it?

Yes. I think that theoretically you would have gotten one.

2 Likes

I have hit join twice before and not got it…but that was on a bad day for Rise where it was down much of the day. I’ll be trying on Sunday. Only one chance for success thus trip.

2 Likes

…and one chance was successful today.

9 Likes

Just got back from a trip - may or may not decide to write a trip report later. :wink:

Wanted to share our success with ROTR - we did HS twice: 11/22 - got BG 20 the first time, second HS day 11/27 - BG 1 :astonished:, both from WBC (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) wifi.

Can’t recall where I read this, and whether it made any material difference, but for the second try where I got BG 1, a few minutes before 7:00:00am, I went into MDE’s My Plans screen, and loaded up the Park Reservations for HS, so that the app knew who was in my party and who had reservations. Perhaps the app caches this information - when the clock struck 7:00:00am, I just flew through the screens without any pauses and freezes.

7 Likes

FYI my general technique is:

1. Open the MDE app and leave it on the main screen (with the AT-AT walkers). I even scroll the screen to align the white “Join” button from the main screen, with where the second blue “Join” button will appear on the “Join Virtual Queue” screen. :slight_smile: (look up Fitts’ Law for the science behind it; UI / UX related)
  2. Watch the clock (with seconds) from another device - I personally used https://www.timeanddate.com/ . During my practice runs before our trip, relying on the phone’s clock and/or switching between MDE and the clock app was just too dicey.
  3. At 7:00:00am, click “Join” from the main screen, then “Join” from the “Join Virtual Queue” screen. On a few practice runs I tried starting off from the “Join Virtual Queue” screen and doing a refresh, but that seemed to take longer for me.
7 Likes