New HS Tiering... Really?

Really? Standing in lines “can be fun”?
All the things you CAN do while standing in line at an amusement park can also be done standing in your driveway. Without the $100/day cover charge. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Continue to convince yourselves all day long that it’s acceptable to have more waiting. I’d be hard pressed to wait more than 30 minutes for any ride. And it’s not a problem with patience. I can wait. But there’s a point where all that waiting accumulates to the where you only can do 7? 8? things in a day during park hours. The ROI is so low - so, why bother?

2 Likes

Of course, NOT getting in line means you get through only 3 things in the day for the same price.

I’m confused by your logic.

1 Like

But when you are done standing in your driveway, you don’t get to ride anything (except perhaps in your own automobile).

Even the FP lines are going to be long i bet. What they should do, if Disney is trying to distribute people around to the non-headliners and shows is once youve completed the ride or show, you get a FP. :rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

1 Like

You’re not alone in that preference. I’d include myself. If all this did was bring us back to the old FP system, when paper flowed as free as the Ganges, and a man (or women’s) ability to get FPs was limited only by their experience in high school track and field, that would be marvelous. But this tier change goes further than that.

Perhaps… though I’m not sure that is in fact popular opinion. Certainly it’s not my opinion. But there is one thing the guest was getting prior to this, and it was more than just a feeling: they were getting on more rides, faster.

You’re now the second poster to reference these hypothetical people who believe all lines of all types and all lengths for anything at all shouldn’t exist. I’ve never met these people. I’m certainly not one of them, whoever they are.

1 Like

This, unfortunately, just wasn’t true. But I’ve been down that path countless times I’ll not do it again here. All it did was make you FEEL like you were getting on more rides faster.

No. I want to go back to before there were paper fast passes, actually. I hated fast passes from the start, even the paper ones. It made the wait times longer for most people.

I’m merely referencing the sentiments I’ve read people make on these forums.

1 Like

Ok, but:

I thought it was clear that we were discussing the ride side of this equation. Even you specified rides. Let’s be honest, people rarely post here regarding their concern over a FP for the Little Mermaid stage show.

Oh. You’re mixing things. FP versus FPP. The FP system wasn’t originally for non-rides. Just rides. But the current FPP system is for rides and other attractions/shows. I was stating that the the ORIGINAL FP system (not FPP system) was about skipping the line for a few select RIDES because there were not FPs for anything else at the time. Today, FPPs are about skipping the line for more than just rides.

I appreciate that… but note that you’re in a thread I created, replying to a post(s) I’ve posted. Those quote bubbles at the top of your post are my quotes. If you’re not talking about my thoughts, and your thoughts on my thoughts, if you’re talking about random other people not here, not reading, not responding, about their fantasies ofabolishing all planetary queuing, perhaps you might want to format differently.

Nothing in my responses indicated those comments were directed at you specifically.

1 Like

That quote was before we even started discussing legacy fastpasses. Your very next sentence:

Clearly uses “FP” to reference current, not legacy fastpasses. I don’t see any value in arguing about this, I just want to point out that if I was “mixing things up”, it wasn’t in a vacuum.

Nope. I was very explicit in my use of the phrase “FP system” to differentiate it from FPP system. But in BOTH systems, what you end up with is a fast pass (FP). Hence my use of the word “system” when I made that statement.

To restate:

In that context, if you’re not clearly talking to me about my posts and my position, you’re certainly formatting things oddly.

I disagree. I went back and re-read what I wrote and how I formatted it and in response to what. I wouldn’t change a thing. It was quite clear as I had it.

1 Like

Ok, you win. You’re right. When someone replies to a poster, and quotes that poster, and references the subject and content of that poster, it’s perfectly clear they’re talking about someone completely different. Let’s move on.

1 Like

I was talking TO you, not ABOUT you. So, yeah…it was perfectly normal and clear.

Perfect! So… we can move on?

I don’t know. I find it thrilling to discuss something in a somewhat circular fashion! :wink:

To bring it back to the original discussion, I guess for me I actually see the changes in the HS tiering as a positive, not a negative (other than for poor old Star Tours, as you mentioned). I hope they keep it that way for our May 2020 trip.

I’m just curious if you are an amusement park person aside from Disney. Obviously waiting in line is not as fun as riding the ride, but not going to the park is also a lot less fun.

I’m just making the point that lines are part of the amusement park experience. I was raised going to amusement parks (multiple times every summer) - and yes the silly games we play in line are fun. It wasn’t a ratio of 3 minutes of fun riding to 45 minutes of boring line time. We had fun all day every day: on rides, walking in the midway, eating crazy amusement park treats, and - yes - in line.

1 Like

Also even without fastpasses, if you have a good plan, you will get more than 7 or 8 things done (assuming you are there for the day). I think it is important to remember that the plans optimize and work based on crowd flow. These plans have been effective since long before the FPP system.

1 Like