New glasses - with progressive lenses...help?

Someone tell me they will get better and I will be able to see out the top of the lenses and that I will be able to walk without feeling like I’m on a cliff. I can see fine out the bottom part, the reading part but distance is messed up!

Progressive bifocals? I sure hope so because I’m probably going to end up with some myself this year. He told me to get them last year and I refused because I’m too young for bifocals lol.

yep. I needed them last year but refused and as the year went on I was unable to read. As a teacher being able to read is somewhat important, so I decided to get them this summer.

Very hard learning curve to me

I’m ok most of the time because I’m far sighted, but I’m struggling more and more with small print if it’s anywhere close to my face lol.

@ThatDisneyGuy_outer1 I laughed out loud when I read your post! I did the same thing when my eye doctor tried to recommend bifocals–got 'em the next year and have worn them since. It takes a couple of days to get used to them, but then they’re great. It’s so nice to be able to see the tv AND look down and see my book.

I’ve been wearing them for about 4 years. Didn’t take long to get used to at all. Just don’t look through the bottom when walking down stairs!

I keep feeling like I want to push the right side of the glasses closer to my face and make a curve. Its bugging me! I have to drive to Lakeland tomorrow so I don’t have time to sit around adjusting!!

Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh! :smile:

:eyeglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been wearing bifocals for almost 20 years; progressives for most of that time. They are awesome! My distance vision is not really that bad, but my mid and close vision are horrible (and getting worse every year). If I didn’t have progressives, I would be either in trifocals (THOSE are a nightmare) or be switching back and forth between three different pairs of glasses.

I started using Progressive lenses in January. It takes a little getting used to but eventually you adjust. Took me a good week to really get the hang of it. I am near sighted but don’t need anything for reading.

If its reslly not clear when you look through the top you might want to ask about it. I dont remember having that problem. Going from top to bottom was a bit dizxying at 1st.

Im also fighting this fight. I go in Oct. Im sure I will be getting bifocals. Quite frankly im tired using my husbands glasses to read and swicthing from his to mine when trying to multitask. Im throwing up the white flag!

I have trifocals and you do get used to it. I don’t even notice it at all anymore (have had them for about a year now. Got some really nice thin ones from one of those online eye places and no once can even tell.

I have progressives too. It took a little (OK, a lot) if getting used to, but now I’m mostly fine with them The only problem I seem to have is when I need to look down at something that’s not close - like my golf ball :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve had them for years too. It will take a few days to a week to get used to them (and the same every time your prescription changes). You will quickly adjust to tilting your head a little. Just be super careful on stairs and curbs for the first few days.

I love how crisp and clear my phone and computer are but this blurry distance is a problem. I can’t even see the 55 in tv across the room clearly nothing in a distance is right.

I know it’s supposed to take a while but this is hard.

You may want to have them check it – it wouldn’t be the first time somebody messed up a prescription.

It took me about a week to get used to them. Longer to adjust to the computer screen but like second nature now. Get the option so they darken in the sun and a pair of clip on sunglasses for in the car. They won’t darken in the car.

I got progressive bifocals for medium and reading about two years ago. They are useful when I am assisting the DMD (not my regular job) If I’m doing administrative work (99% of the time ) they are a paperweight. I am more comfortable using reading glasses to read nothing for computer work and distance glasses for going to and from work and watching TV…Sorry could never get used to the progressives

that’s how I’m feeling right now. I keep wanting to take these off but I promised to give it a full day trial today. I am just so blind though that reading glasses would mean lots of taking on and off.

Owwww I’m lucky I can function for most of the day without the glasses certainly at work. I still don’t think my were made correctly so don’t dispare (?sp) I tried for two weeks to no avail unless my head was tilted a certain way and what I was looking at was a very specific distance Ironically the distance from the patient when working in the room You’ll make it here is some pixie dust