New glasses - with progressive lenses...help?

Sounds like something may be wrong with your glasses; either the perscription is wrong or they didn’t correctly mark your pupil location. Definately have them checked; getting used to shifting focus takes a few days, but the “distance” part of the lens should be clear when you look through it.

that;s what I thought too, they actually made me read a vision chart before I left and I couldn’t read past 20-40 with the new glasses but could read 20-20 with old prescription.

I am having to squint close my left eye to walk around and see distances. My eyes are not working together at all yet.

But I have to give it time to adjust everyone keeps telling me so i am collecting data and sitting around the house today. Tomorrow I will wear my old glasses to drive.

Seeing to drive is a good thing

That’s exactly what I did although I am told that they now have lenses that will darken in the car. May need to check it out next time.

How long have you had themselves?

today is the first day I am wearing them

I have worn progressives for 6 years and honestly never got used to them. I now take my glasses of to read and it’s a nightmare. Spoke to the Dr and he may give me back my distance only glasses and give me another pair for reading and the computer. I am hoping that does the trick.

Worn glasses since 7 y/o. Got progressive bifocals before age 40. Took about 5 minutes to get used to them. Only problem is with doing small cross stitch. Get your focal points in the lenses re measured with glasses sitting on face as you wear them not as optician places them

You really need to wear them all day, every day. Your eyes will adjust. It really took more than a week for mine to feel comfortable. It took different amounts of time to adjust the different activities and then it just clicked.

how did you get so lucky? I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 so I am used to glasses, just not this shifting vision thing

Vision never shifted Put them on and in minutes drove home. Took a few minutes to figure out reading. If you have bad vision your eyes are probably more sensitive to any misplacement of lenses or focal points. Get it rechecked .

I know they say wearing a progressive lens takes some getting used to, I gave it a week and went back. Turned out the lens had slipped in the machine and one of the reading areas was not where it should be. My eye actually ached wearing them.
When I got them back they still were not right. I felt stupid going back. That time the machine you look into hadn’t been properly calibrated? When I got them back the third time they were perfect right from the start without a break in period. I’ve been wearing them 4 years and love them. All distances are perfect.

Good luck