New discount offer

Our TA was able to book the discount for the AKL portion of our August trip. Over $600 saved! She had already sent me the notification about it before I saw the post here and got it all done this morning. I definitely appreciate having someone else checking for things like this for me and dealing with Disney so I don’t spend time trying to book it myself! A good TA is worth their weight in gold. :grin:

5 Likes

That’s interesting. S/he already knew you were a D+ subscriber?

I’ve not been in the habit of asking that question. I maybe need to be.

1 Like

Absolutely! A good TA is awesome to have!

1 Like

My TA emailed me and asked. And it was a different email address for that subscription than the one that I use to email her.

Right but @paulasc’s TA updated the reservation before even contacting them

1 Like

No, she did email to ask about the D+ subscription before applying the discount. She just did it all so quickly. Her first email was in my inbox before breakfast this morning. I replied while drinking my smoothie and she had everything completed before lunchtime. Super easy and convenient for me!

Oh gotcha

This morning I emailed my TA asking if the offer applied to my trip. At about the same time I received a group email from her informing everyone about the promotion and asking them to send her the email address we use for Disney+, I also received a direct response from her asking for the email connected to our Disney+ account.

In less than 10 minutes from my original email, I had been switched from Standard to Garden View, and saved $240.

TAs Rock! :sunglasses:

I will note that my MDE and Disney+ accounts both use the same email address, and they were previously linked because something extra popped up in the MDE app for subscribers at one point.

5 Likes

You might be able to link the 2 to get credit. On the wait screen there was a link to check if your Disney+ was affiliated with your DME account. Mine was so I didn’t have to try to link them, but it is likely worth a try as you certainly meet the spirit of the offer…

Thanks. I appreciate and respect clear terms, but it strikes me as a term designed to keep people from sharing their Disney+ access outside their household for this offer. It would be absurd for both my husband and me to each have our own Disney+ accounts. I go way more than he does (I am an AP-holder; he is not). Maybe there is a way for me to link to his. I will look into it.

1 Like

No, we road trip it. :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re kinda in the same boat. The kids set us up with their D+ on our Roku. I guess it is considered password sharing. So we’re out of luck with respect to this particular offer as well. Rightfully so.

2 Likes

Can you add him to your room reservation anyway, or would this increase your room cost? I always put my husband on my reservation even when I’m going solo, just in case he decides at the last minute he wants to go, too. This wouldn’t work if it would add a third adult to your room, but if you’re solo it seems like an easy workaround.

4 Likes

This is actually a great idea - since she said she has an AP, she doesn’t need a room/ticket package. a room only with him on the reservation solves the issue.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s not a bad idea! I was looking at a late August trip with my youngest child (11yo), and I could potentially book in husband’s name. More just a pain to manage plans through his account instead of my own. But who knows, maybe they are going to release an AP offer, and then it won’t matter.

1 Like

Or just add him as a second adult in the room. AS far as i know, the D+ subscriber only has to be in the room, not necessarily the lead guest.

2 Likes

It has to be made under his account though doesn’t it? That’s how I read the info anyway.

I could really see it going either way. It says the offer is only for subscribers, but it also says the subscriber must stay in the room, not be lead guest. I guess its better to be safe than sorry though.

1 Like

It wouldn’t work for those sharing Disney+ accounts, and rightfully so. But for adults in the same household, could the Disney+ account just be changed the adult that is likeliest to go to Disney?

Update:

Standard rooms at POFQ opened up as part of the promotion which increased my savings.

I started w/ a Standard room, TA switched me to Garden View under the promotion yesterday saving me $240.30 over my 5 night stay. Today she switched me back to Standard when they became available saving me an additional $71.12. Total saving, $311.42.

9 Likes