New Desktop View?

I think so, there was a discussion about it here:

1 Like

Interesting

So you think they’ll maintain the new current site and also update the old?

1 Like

Also on the new site you can actually compare days literally side by side??

Edit: I did it on my work computer but I don’t see the “compare dates “ option on mobile. I’ll check at home later.

They are maintaining the historical data on the old site. That’s all I really care about, not sure about other old stuff.

2 Likes

I meant historical data.

Will they update that going forward or will the old sites historical data stop as of the go live date for the new site?

I do this by having different days in seperate browser tabs/windows. Or, different parks in different browser tabs if I want to compare them.

Either way, when doing any sort of comparison, having as much information at a single glance as possible is efficient imo.

But once you select the desired dates they are all shown on one page.

I actually like that vs scrolling back and forth between dates.

I dug this up

I assume the data comes from the same database, so in theory you could have both versions of the website running. maybe.

I mean like this:

I’ll have multiple dates - either historical or prediction - open on different windows to compare everything from crowd levels to park hours, shows etc. This helps me pick which park to go to on a certain day, for example. There are probably better ways to do this but this is my nerdy way :nerd_face:

1 Like

How do I add a plan to my dashboard now? I can’t see the option to do that.

Oh look. After nine months they finally changed the design. I’m still not impressed. Functions that have utility shouldn’t be made worse for the sake of vanity. That’s a wild business model IMO.

@bebe80 - Can you still access the crowd calendars in the old format? Is there a button on my desktop view that I can click that says “switch to old view”? Or in maybe in my settings? I would really love that option. I have zero need for the historical numbers but my original posts still matter. This site is going to take more time to navigate, more time to collate, and just be much less user-friendly (for me) in this format.

Not asking for the world. Just a “switch to old view” button.

1 Like

I agree about the design, the old one is more efficient for me too.

But what goes for the business model, I imagine the goal is to attract as much subscribers as possible and a prettier looking site probably does that. Most of the functionality seems to remain but for users that are not hardcore planners, it might be more inviting.

As of now the old site is accessible through this url, see the links posted above:

No.

I know you’re big on copying and pasting into spreadsheets. I am still able to do that with the new crowd calendar. In one shot, I just copied a month of data for all 4 parks including: hours, CL predictions, and “what’s going on?”

I realize it may take more editing and deleting extra rows though.

Clarification. While you cannot see the old Crowd Calendar in a long term view. As @Mike_vndt said, you can see individual days still:

Would this help you @jones_mobile ?
Track all the days that you want, and then you can still view them in the old format:

The only thing missing is “What to look for”

Here’s how you can still see it all in one place

Click on Row View in the top right corner

Click the + on the dates you want to compare, as circled, and then click Compare Dates right below what is now an X vs a +

Now you see both dates, and only those dates, to compare the information

Way cleaner than the view you’ve shown, way easier on the eyes

Note: you can pick as many dates as you want, as far as i could tell. I selected a whole bunch yesterday just for kicks and there didn’t appear to be a limit.

2 Likes

Between you and me, we may have solved everyone’s problems. :laughing:

3 Likes

In case anyone else was wondering, it’s under crowds.

3 Likes

We sure try hard :wink:

:trophy:

2 Likes