New Desktop View?

Just noticed a new look on the forum in the account options part that I hadn’t seen before.

3 Likes

I know this is an old thread but I actually reached out to TP on Instagram and Twitter and got 0 response about this. I randomly get the n.touringplans.com (it doesn’t happen all the time) and had been unsure if it was some sort of scam or not! Glad to see it’s legit lol.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate this new design. It’s choosing style over function. I’m probably moving on if this stays like that. I want information and data, not the same cutesy fonts that other Disney sites use. This new layout is not user-friendly. I’ve been a subscriber for 16 years and this is the worst change they’ve ever done.

2 Likes

@TeamEvansGo I completely agree with you! I’ve been using TP’s since 2013 and cannot even finish planning out our trip for December with the current setup. It’s essentially useless for me.

3 Likes

I have to agree, so far not at all excited about this change. The new design is obviously targeted at a wider audience - I understand that a site like this has to cater to the masses and attract new customers, maybe this will help with that. It might alienate old users but I guess we are a minority when it comes to the big picture. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Curious what specifically you are having trouble finding. Any examples would be helpful.

I guess I’m a weirdo because I think it looks great!

Yeah it will take some time to find all the links I use most often but I really think the new look is easier on the eyes.

1 Like

My point was that I wanted a simple interface that prioritizes information and ease of access to it over the aesthetics of the site.

1 Like

I hear ya. But to some, a “simple interface” means less clutter on the webpage and more pop up sub menus which is what it has basically changed to. Yes, change can be difficult. :slightly_smiling_face:

The information and data is still here. My advice is when you find the pages you’re looking for, just bookmark them for easier future access.

1 Like

I’ve only had a brief look, but I quite liked it visually.
I don’t even use the website all that often so I would still have to hunt for tools on the old site anyway, so having to hunt them down on the new site makes no difference to me and might be better since the TP team did research on what’s intuitive in searches.
I’m confident that when the time comes to plan a trip again the tools will be there.

2 Likes

I think there are s few tweaks they can make to improve the new look, but overall I like it. There definitely things about the old layout I didn’t like that this one addressed. Give it some time.

1 Like

This is true

I suppose it’s a matter of accessing the information and how it’s presented

My main issue so far is that, because of the focus on visual appearance, the same information you used to get in a compact format is now spread out and takes a lot more scrolling. I prefer efficiency over visual design in this case.

Here’s an example - crowd calendar page for a specific historical date

This is what I used to see on my screen:

(Note that I had to dig up an archived view of the old page so I’m not logged in and it’s not displaying crowd levels, but you get the idea.)

This is what I have to scroll through now to see the same information:

So it’s a lot more scrolling and swiping.

When you want to compare different days which I personally do a lot when planning, it becomes much more bothersome. It’s really difficult to do a “side by” comparison with this new format. The old basic format was simply very efficient for seeing the data you want.

6 Likes

Mike, the Historical Data was my biggest concern.

Thankfully, Len has left all those pages intact for us data nerds. :slightly_smiling_face:

https://c.touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/historical-crowds

2 Likes

sorry had to edit the post a bunch of times…

by “those pages” do you mean the data itself presented on the new format? Or is the actual old format website still visible somewhere?

Are you not seeing this from that link?

No you can see it all in one place. I just did it yesterday.

Please hold.

Go to the main TP page

Click on the hamburger in upper left and select Disney World and then Crowd Calendar

Scroll a bit and o get past the explanation and you see future dates

Click on the little clock on the left under the month to see historical data

Scroll to your desired date and click see all details

Voila

3 Likes

Ohh ok so apparently through a bookmark / the url, you can still access this page in the old format:

https://c.touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/historical-crowds

And through here you can use the date jump to view predictions too, like this:

But, are they actually intending on keeping this old site live…? @len ?

Probably not

See above.