New conjecture on the dining plan

When does the festival of the arts end? I saw a blog post on DFB with an image of the menu for a new booth that has DDP icons on it. I’m guessing this sign was made after the pandemic started, maybe even quite recently. Does that mean there’s a potential the DDP will be back before the festival ends?

I doubt it. More likely the menu was made up by cutting and pasting from last year’s menus.

Unless … they are considering a QS dining plan of some sort. I still think it’s unlikely though.

Did I hear yesterday that Universal is only selling their QS plans?

I agree with that logic for the returning booths, but this is a brand new booth. If it is a cut and paste thing, maybe it was done here to conform to the other signs in the returning booths that did do cut and paste?

1 Like

If so, that may put pressure on Disney to roll something out as well.

Is the item new though?

1 Like

They are new

https://wdwnt.com/arts/taste-vibrantevivido/

1 Like

I also notice that my food and wine app has DDP listed for the items that most likely would qualify and those details usually don’t show up until the festival opens with official info.

It is at least something to watch. Honestly, I can make TS dining plans work but never QS. Well, maybe if I was eating at the festivals for a meal a day it could?

2 Likes

Universal never stopped selling their QS Plans

3 Likes

Same. For us the standard dining plan is usually close to break even, cost-wise. Except our last trip when we were at the hotel gift shop buying all the candy bars. :laughing: I would not buy a QS only plan. Even though QS has really upped it’s game lately, we prefer to sit down at a nice restaurant once a day. For our upcoming trip in April it’s also the convenience of being able to tell the teenagers that will be wandering alone to just tap their bands when they want something to eat or drink. I know we can do that with charging capabilities added to their bands, but I’d rather not give them carte blanche to my credit card.

1 Like

Although my son and his girlfriend had an almost $60 QS meal at Geyser Point (I loved that value).

1 Like

I just think it is a sign Disney is hedging their bets. They don’t know, but it would be a waste to make signs without the info just in case.

6 Likes

I work in point of purchase design (not Disney) and these kinds of things are designed and sent to production months in advance. It’s much easier to go ahead and include the symbol as a ‘just in case’ as they may not have been certain that far ahead whether it would be back or not. I think it does give us a clue that there is no set date yet for ddp to come back.

2 Likes

The only thing that keeps on nagging at me is that Len hinted on the last Disney Dish that something was about to return.

4 Likes

There has been a rumour about Fantasmic returning, but to my knowledge it’s come from a single source and not confirmed by anyone else. What they did say was that most of the cast and crew were offered a transfer or lay-off, so it’s therefore a show that could come back without having to start from scratch.

Anything I’ve heard about the DDP is along the lines of “not coming back”.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it make money for them? From the blogs that I’ve read, you can save money with one, but you have to work at it. That tells me that most people lose money with it. At worse (for Disney), it would lock up people’s dining dollars and therefore keep them from spending dining money off-site.

3 Likes

I think it makes less money for them than it did, thanks to people wising up.:wink:

2 Likes

I think the problem is restaurant capacity. They don’t want to offer dining, but not be able to serve the additional demand.

4 Likes

That’s true for now. But there are also rumblings that it won’t return at all. :no_good_woman:

2 Likes

Really? Not sure that makes any sense.

3 Likes