New conjecture on the dining plan

The way Disney does things I would think if they wanted a DP they would open booking for DP 80 days in advanced. This way people would be guaranteed use of the plan.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know why they wouldn’t offer just the QS dining plan. You can still mobile order and you can bundle it with rack rack room packages .

8 Likes

I wonder if they’re delaying as they tinker with DDP interfacing with [whatever replaces] MBs.

Or, all tinkering achieved, just holding off resurrecting DDP until they can announce the new MB, new DDP and new FP+ all in one fell swoop.

1 Like

That is an interesting idea. I would actually consider the DP if there were some ADR advantage.

3 Likes

I hope it comes back. We were really excited about it for our cancelled trip.

2 Likes

An early jump on ADRs would be an incentive.

Just spit balling, I wonder if it’d be too much - a disincentive - if they really linked ADRs and DPs.
So as you’re setting up your ADRs - working through your DP coverage so to speak - and MDE is tallying up how many meals you have left in each category as you go…

Of course it’d be like a worksheet for planning purposes and you could pay as you wish at the conclusion of each meal like a normal DP, but I wonder if that degree of connectivity would make it less appealing.
Or if people would like to help them see if they can get their money’s worth.

1 Like