New Coco Scene to debut at Mickey's PhilharMagic on November 12th

As Result of it the attraction will be closed for the month prior to the debut

8 Likes

I’m excited for the Coco scene! One of my favourite films.

4 Likes

Whatever you do, please do not get over excited. :smiley:

5 Likes

I saw the scene at the DCA version in Anaheim recently, and it is fantastic! The best scene in the show, IMHO.

5 Likes

I am happy to see this show getting a digital projection upgrade.

It is a family favorite.

5 Likes

I don’t care about Coco, but I do wish they would make a version of this film that doesn’t make me go all cross-eyed and seeing double. Hopefully the new projection system will fix this problem.

1 Like

I’m so thrilled about this! IMHO - It’s such a fun attraction that really “boosts” my Disney energy when in MK. The songs, the scents and the A/C (of course). When I need a midday show to recharge this is my go to place!

But the fuzzy / grainy picture has made this look so dated for too long!!

Plus, I like Coco too. I watched it again over the weekend. I keep forgetting how good and beautiful it is!

2 Likes

Nooooooooo…I depart on the 11th and can’t imagine a trip where I don’t get to see Philharmagic, it is my favorite. (I do understand that this is a dramatic over-reaction…but I swear this trip is testing my every last planning nerve)

8 Likes

Woooohoooo. One of my favourites in the magic kingdom is getting some love!

I can’t wait to see it in January.

1 Like

I get it. I had the same reaction but just looked at the calendar and realized our last day is the 13th and we always end at MK. It’s a big extended family trip and probably a one and done for my parents and aunt & uncle. I hated the thought of them missing it!

2 Likes

Hahah wait Weren’t they touting that the new scene was going to be in there for 10/1 as part of the 50th?

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they are giving themselves 18 months to celebrate it. So maybe Tron will be up and running in 17 months and 29 days.

3 Likes

Exactly, the 50th Anniversary will be an 18-month affair, they are going to milk this for as long as possible.

I would expect that there will be some “Big New” announcement or opening every few weeks for the next year.

2 Likes

I wonder if this means any previously planned celebration for Epcot’s 40th is off the table entirely now. Technically, a 40th anniversary celebration should start in October, 2022.

1 Like

No, I will say with absolute certainty that WDW would not table an opportunity to sell more “special limited edition” merchandise.

But it will be an event that will last more than 12 months stretching into 2023 after the WDW 50th is done, and I am going to predict that the exact 40th anniversary date will be the official opening date of the GotG roller coaster.

2 Likes

So, MK 50th starts in 2021. EP 40th starts in 2022. AK 25th starts in 2023. And HS 35th starts in 2024! :slight_smile:

Take a year off, and then start the cycle over again.

2 Likes

If EPCOT can have perpetual festival celebrations during the year then why can’t the overall Resort have a perpetual anniversary celebration across all four of the parks???

Just asking. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wow, this just came out, this is the kind of stuff I am expecting will be announced periodically over the next year or so. Small , not earthshattering but will get a few people excited.

4 Likes

I’ve never seen this!

Oh no, here you are getting over excited again.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes