New Coco Scene to debut at Mickey's PhilharMagic on November 12th

I wonder if there will be any down time before the changes are implemented? We will be dining at 'Ohana on 9/30 and CG on 10/1 and I want to see it!!

I love this. One of the upsides of doing a Fireworks Cruise at the MK is getting a front row seat to the water pageant!

2 Likes

I doubt that this is something that would require a long lead time to implement the change. This is just update to an existing feature. Since this is the first we’ve heard of it, most likely it is ready to go, there hasn’t been anyone waiting or demanding a 50th anniversary edition of this.

Only question I would have is exactly when does it start, my guess is October 1st.

While I love it, I didn’t think they would be updating it for the 50th so it is a nice surprise. :sunglasses:

I hope they are still running it on 9/30 even though there won’t be any fireworks at MK that night.

Honestly not, I probably still won’t see it :joy:

1 Like

I agree that there will probably be little announcements all over the place for the next 18 months…and even the little surprises will make someone happy because it is their favorite and it deserves some Pixie Dust (or crush their spirit when they can’t see Philharmagic on their trip)

3 Likes

They made the update at DCA and it was a night and day difference to me from MK in terms of how crisp the film is. The Coco scene is fantastic, but it was the projection upgrade that really knocked it out of the park.

2 Likes

i still haven’t seen Philhar Magic!!! Love Coco so happy to try again whenever i go back!!!

It will, most likely, be done similarly to how MuppetVision got a theatre refurbishment in 2020. It took the crew a little less than two weeks to finish the work. It was operating right up until the announced closure day.

I think they should bring back that night club on Pleasure Island that celebrated New Year’s Eve every night. :rofl:

3 Likes

I went to the opening of AK. Pleasure Island was the best part of that whole trip! (AK was still under A LOT of construction)

We danced on the rotating floor of “Mannequins”, had drinks while watching improv comedy, peeked into the Adventures Club and then did the New Year’s celebration outside. It still one of my favorite WDW memories!!

2 Likes