New Avatar Water Flick - LET'S GO!

Could the tail and their braid count as the other two “limbs”?

1 Like

No, because all of the other animals have tails, and most of the larger animals have 2 USB ports instead of one. So really, they’re down 3 appendages from the rest.

I did care enough to do 2 minutes’ worth of Googlating. Conventional theory is that the lemur-type animals had their forearms fused at the elbow, implying an evolutionary process to tetrapedal humanoids. But if that’s the case, I want to see fossils of 2-armed, 4-handed humanoids before I’m satisfied.

2 Likes

Bruh -
Now I know what it’s like to be my family and friends when we go out for dinner and I start waxing about how the chefs/servers screw stuff up. I don’t get mad or anything, and my starting point for a tip is 20%, then I add or subtract, but rarely subtract unless it’s obvious they don’t care. I just love to dissect bad or dumb cooking, and I love to praise good cooking. Neither makes me mad, though. I’d rather have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with pride, than to have a a super busy plate drowned in overkill ingredients for no other reason than the chef is trying to show off. Tablemates just look at me and roll their eyes because they are more of the “it was good” or “It was bad” style of describing foods.

1 Like

Thanks… I think. :wink:

Either way, it sounds like we need to go to dinner together sometime.

Loved the movie (3D). Visually stunning, kept my attention much better than the original. For some reason, I had quite the emotional reaction to parts of it! Lots of tears, almost ugly cried. I’m so glad we saw it.

2 Likes

Caught it today.
Action was awesome as expected. Story was trying too hard, as expected, but whatcha gonna do. The parts that were filler, were good, almost like they were letting us know, “check your email now, it’s ok.”

Characters are gonna be blossomed, I think I like how they are obviously gonna move them along.

Aside from certain parts, I give it 4.75 stars out of 5.
A sequel is usually hot garbage, this wasn’t.

4 Likes

Saw it on Tuesday in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Fantasy. I quite enjoyed it. 2D only on the ship and I was good with that. It is visually stunning. The story was decent. My biggest problem was actually that I found both Jake and the colonel sounded eerily like Matthew McConnaughy! It kept distracting me.

The death was too soon for me and I did im ugly cry. Got lightheaded from my inability to breathe I cried so hard.

2 Likes

can one be choked underwater though? I mean aren’t both asphyxiation? What’s the point?

I saw it in 2D but would like to go back and see it in IMAX 3D like I did the original. The original was Pocahontas but I had never in my life seen such stunning visuals.

1 Like

Finally saw this on Friday and I’m so glad we saw it in 3D. I remember seeing the original in 3D and I think it was the last time I’d seen a 3D movie because it made me a little nauseous but this time the visuals were just so good all around. Plot had some issues of course as others have noted but I was amazed at how the time flew by, it didn’t feel like a 3 hour movie at all.

1 Like

So I kind of ‘accidentally’ saw this today :film_strip:
Long story short, it was a better alternative to 3+hrs of aimless window shopping :rofl:

Anyway, I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.
Is there an absolute intention for a third movie? There were a few unresolved pieces of plotline :thinking:

What I was most delighted with was the fact that you get clip on 3D glasses now!! :sunglasses::sunglasses:
Since this was a very much unplanned viewing, I was wearing my glasses instead of contact lenses. The clip ons were fab!!!
I wish that was an option in 3D theme park attractions :smiley:

4 Likes

Third (2024), fourth (2026), and fifth (2028). :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

5 Likes

Oh wow!! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Part of the reason why #2 took so long to release was because they wanted to nail down the storyline in the future films first, because they are all tied together. Also, if I recall the filming for #3 is 95% finished and #4 was even started. I know they wanted to have less age effect for certain characters, too.

Hey. I didn’t get clip-ons. :confused:

4 Likes

So I went and watched it IMAX 3D- and it was really intense 8 don’t normally see IMAX so I was awed by the visuals yet again.

I think my Bonnie would have loved it- no ugly crying but definitely happy tears.

3 Likes

I’m sad for you :frowning:
They were really great and no sore ears from double legs :partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Or arms or temples or whatever you call the bit that goes over your ears.

I’ve had this conversation with liners before. Let’s not go down that rabbit hole!!! :rofl::rofl::sunglasses::disguised_face::nerd_face:

1 Like

Oh, I wish!

Saw it yesterday. Worth seeing just for the spectacular IMAX 3D visuals. But an hour too long.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Ummmm aren’t they animated?

1 Like