New After Hour Dates and Park Announced

I think someone on the forum just did both MK and HS after hours recently on the same trip and had the opposite experience. I’ll have to try and find that. Might have even been in this thread. It actually has me considering the one on 4/19! Where did you see the negative reviews?

2 Likes

@nuclearali This is the post I was thinking of.

1 Like

It was on dis boards and was the one last week when the parks were super busy.

1 Like

We did HS after hours last week (and it was a sold out one). We got in at 7pm and did Oga’s followed by Mama Melrose at 8:40pm. The park didn’t officially close to non-event folks until 9:30pm. We headed to MMRR right after dinner and had about a 15 minute wait. TSMM was next and that was around a 10 minute wait. We waited for SDD around 30 minutes next. While waiting for Slinky, I grabbed a DAS for Rise because it was posted 50 minutes (we were surprised we could use DAS for the after hours event). We just about walked on with DAS. But we also realized that we were running out of time and would not get in both Smuggler’s Run, ASS and TOT. We immediately decided to skip ASS. After Rise we went straight to TOT and got off around 12:20am. We decided we wouldn’t make it to Smuggler’s before 12:30, so we left. If we didn’t have the DAS for Rise, we wouldn’t have gotten in TOT.

2 Likes

That makes sense. It was a crazy week with the holiday and 1/2 marathon, etc. Hopefully, the one on April 19 will not be so bad … if we decide to do it.

2 Likes

I hope the HS AH are awesome! I’d just ride SDD a bunch of times, lol.

1 Like

FIFY

3 Likes

Extending your holiday? :grin:

4 Likes

I was confused too.

3 Likes

Possibly! :joy: Interested?

3 Likes

Well, I’m probably coming earlier than planned now. But not going home earlier!

4 Likes

Fun!! For you. I’ll have FOMO.

3 Likes

When are you arriving now? I get there late that night right now, so not sure. But maybe.

1 Like

BOOKED. I just booked the new Disney After Hours for EPCOT. Will look forward to hearing others’ experiences, as I realize I’ll need a plan given the spacing of all the key attractions. Our trip isn’t until August.

5 Likes

Got my Epcot AH booked for 8/24 - either the first night of my WDW trip or the last night of a WDW portion of a land/sea (I’m debating) trip (which could be WDW/sea/Universal - I’m ridiculous).

My hip has been hurting a lot - I pulled a muscle in it when I was 11/12 and now that I’m 51… - and woke me up around 1am. I signed into my Disney account, checked, and it was live. I love that at least with the pre-sale it ONLY gives you the date(s) you’re eligible for. It would have been far too easy to click the wrong date that early in the morning!

(In other news, I saw my ortho today. He did new x-rays as I clearly didn’t have 40 year old ones plus a lot would have changed. The GOOD news is the pain is actually not my hip. He said the hip joint looks great at any angle and basically barring anything catastrophic happening I should not have to have it/them replaced ever! It’s likely all muscular so I have relaxers, anti-inflammatories, and a PT sctip (I start PT on Thursday.)

6 Likes

I hope your hip feels better soon.

2 Likes

Thanks! Me too! I’m just happy it’s not arthritis and/or looking at a replacement! I think my ortho was expecting a lot worse based on our communication before I went in today too.

I have the pills for 2 weeks. PT for 6-12 weeks. After that he said if it’s not bothering me, I don’t need to come back. If it still is we can discuss other options like a cortisone shot.

1 Like

Disney math is at work here. I was originally coming on the Thursday night red-eye. Then the plan was to come on the Thursday AM flight and possibly get after 5:00 tix for MK. Then someone had a trip report where they raved about the AH specifically at HS. I thought how great it would be if there was a date that would work for either me and friend or me and the Fab group. The only one close is the one on Wednesday before our Fab trip. So no decisions have been made, but I am now considering flying Wednesday AM, going to the AH and staying with friend at her conference hotel (Rosen something?), then possibly doing a water park on Thursday since it’s included in our conference tix, then Fab trip after that. But who knows if that will really happen. Do you see how the snowball is growing? :rofl: :chart_with_upwards_trend:

7 Likes

This never happens!

:rofl:
Speaking of snowballing, I might fly to Anaheim Thursday 4/27 evening (instead of home on Friday) and go to Disneyland on Friday so I can see the new fireworks, new parade, and new WOC as I can’t seem to fit in a trip any other time before my AP gets blocked in early June. Want to join? What’s one more day off at this point?

4 Likes

I wish. Unfortunately, I really need to be back in the office that Friday due to the payroll processing schedule.

The new fireworks/projection show is amazing! I only saw the projections (2x) but loved the show maybe more than any other ever including HEA. WOC is so-so. I also really want to see the parade!!

2 Likes