New After Hour Dates and Park Announced

7 Likes

Fixed the typo in the title!

2 Likes

My head thought Sunshine Flyer at first :wink:

2 Likes

Whyyyyy have you ignored the end of April, Disney? Every week has HS AH except mine!

5 Likes

This might work in your favor! We didn’t have any AH during our trip, because there was a staff celebration and MK closed early one night. That meant a CL1 MK day for us!

2 Likes

One wonders if they plan to drop MK going forward in exchange for Epcot…or if they simply haven’t yet confirmed AH dates for MK.

1 Like

When does “Halloween” start at MK? Weren’t there parties in July last year? :laughing:

That said I would have expected new MK dates beyond March. Unless they’re holding off because of Tron. There could be a lot of complaints if they were seen to be having ticketed events at MK just after Tron opens.

1 Like

That article says:

Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios After Hours events will continue. Magic Kingdom event dates currently run through March 27.

I think it is wrong:

2 Likes

Has anyone done one (or more) of these After Hours events and do you have feedback/opinions on which gives you the most ‘bang for your buck’?

2 Likes

Finally I get to do H20 nights :grin: I booked one of these for my doomed 2020 summer trip.

I’ve always wanted to try a WDW water park, but the sun scares me (especially in June!) so nighttime is perfect.

The HS events don’t really work with my dates but one of the EP ones does. Epcot at night with low crowds? Tempting? I do want to get some GOTG action in and this would be a relatively stress-free way to do that (or will everyone be thinking the same?) plus presumably I could finally see the full line.

If they extended the MK dates it would be tempting, though I’d do it for Tron and, presumably, so would everyone else.

7 Likes

Following. Suddenly interested as I happen to see an August Epcot date that would fit our family’s plans perfectly.

1 Like

I did AK when they had it and MK. MK was very good.

2 Likes

MK is excellent because they have so many rides to do. I totally get if Disney doesn’t want to run them due to the opening of TRON though.

3 Likes

I really wish they would bring AK back. That’s the one I really want!

I am leaning towards MK because that’s the park with the most to do (as @nuclearali said), but I’ve done after late night parties at MK and EP before - and never at DHS…

1 Like

I did MK After Hours in 2019 and it was fantastic.

2 Likes

We did After Hours at AK in 2019 and my kids said it was the best night of their lives. So much fun. We’re going to be there on one of the Epcot nights…need to decide if it is worth it…

2 Likes

This is the question. Epcot is my favorite park…but…I’m not sure I would pay for an AH event at Epcot, personally. AK? Yes. In fact, we had booked an AK after hours event four our May 2020 trip before it ended up cancelled. Seeing AK at night (particularly Pandora), in addition to the rides, would make it seemingly worth it.

But Epcot? I’m not as convinced. There are a few rides…such as GotG and Soarin’, and maybe FEA and Remy…that would certainly bring value. But if I already had Epcot days planned for a trip (beyond World Showcase) I probably wouldn’t want to do AH there.

On the other hand, if we had a shorter trip, and the Epcot AH allowed us to drop a day from our schedule (or swap that Epcot day for another park), then perhaps it would bring value.

2 Likes

Although since the EP one officially starts at 10 it allows you to watch the nighttime show and most likely head to your first attraction.

1 Like

So, I haven’t done an Epcot After Hours, but I have done the Wine and Dine post race party. It was a lot of walking to bounce around…and especially with the walls still up (maybe because I’d just run a 1/2 marathon?) - the lines for the rides were fairly short but was that because everyone was getting absolutely sloshed at the F&W booths?

So, they have had after hours for AK in the past, but nothing has been announced yet–correct?