New After Hour Dates and Park Announced

If I remember correctly, Space Mountain fixed @bswan26’s toe too! Space Mountain works in mysterious ways.

3 Likes

Yes…this is how I’m thinking too. We are from PA and usually do a longer trip. This time, we are only doing 5 nights (still a good length of time). 1 day in each park + 1 extra day in Epcot. We haven’t been to F&G in a looong time and my kids love Epcot, so we thought 2 days. Now, I’m second guessing! My concerns are 1) It would be our arrival day and we’d be tired that night and 2) Epcot is a lot of walking. The attractions we’d be most interested are spread out. BUT, I wouldn’t mind riding Guardians a bunch of times with no wait!

I would do this for sure I would invite @ThorKat to come with me and see how many times I could ride Gaurdians in a row.

But realistically for the money I would find HS the better value.

3 Likes

I would totally take you up on that! Let’s do it!!!

3 Likes

So funny! I think I remember that too. Maybe it’s that ghost that I keep reading about.

I am facing the After Hours Dilemma. I am most tempted by DHS- but their after hours are on a Wednesday night when we are there in June. That’s supposed to be extended evening hours in MK??? I’m not skipping out on extended evening which is “free”…

We enjoyed the Boo Bash after hours in 2021 (I think, whenever that was)- low wait times, much fewer people than the typical Halloween party. I thought it was worth it at the time…

I would 100% go for an AK After Hours just bc it’s my son’s favorite park and he’s going to be there with me this trip (just me and 3 of my kids…).

2 Likes

Well now. They would do this on purpose would they??

:blowfish:

That is true for my May trip. After hours tickets can be bought by everyone. Deluxe hours would only be available to some.

I’ve read some poor reviews of the recent HS AH events due to long waits. If I were you I’d be going to the MK one, which generally has good reviews.

3 Likes

That surprises me.

On our Christmas trip we went to the second of those special deluxe evenings at DHS (due to the Christmas parties at MK). It was amazing. We did Rise, Millenium Falcon, MMRR, Star Tours and Slinky that night, with about 10-15 minute waits everywhere - and with Rise and MMRR the reason for the wait was only because of the winding queue.

I would have expected the After Hours events to be the same. Disappointing to hear that it isn’t.

I’ve heard mixed reviews of the MK ones, but most of them have said it was fantastic.

I think that I’ll just skip AH unless they add an Animal Kingdom one. Then I’ll likely go for it just because it’s my favorite park (I know, it’s not really needed to have an AH event there. But still, favorite park…)

I apologize for my confusion with this, so someone please help me. My understanding is this is different than the guests that stay in deluxe resorts/Swan/Dolphin that already have these extra hour dates built in for certain days. These are separate events on a different days that allow pass holders and deluxe resort stayers the ability to buy on 2-28? But the rest of the public can buy on 3-3, but essentially, they are the same thing, but you have to pay for them no matter who you are? I guess my main question is I’ll be staying at Pop from 5-6 to 5-11 - will there be any chance for me to buy these at any park?

1 Like

Anyone can buy, not just AP and Deluxe.

Oh now I see your date stipulation, so yes.

Yes these are “party-esque”, but lighter crowds than that.

Pretty good actually. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Are you saying there are After Hours dates available in May? The only dates I’d caught newly announced were June and after. My impression was May was an After Hours void, but I’m hoping I missed something…

I honestly didn’t even look at that

I’m just saying if there is one, it shouldn’t be a problem to get tickets.

2 Likes

There are dates in May for the Hollywood Studios After Hours (which will go on sale on March 3) and a few in late May for Typhoon Lagoon’s equivalent, but none for Magic Kingdom or EPCOT announced at this point.

1 Like

HS dates are posted in the opening post

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder on the exact dates. Basically every Wednesday in May (and June) in HS except for 5/10 which is of course the one Wednesday in that timeframe that I will be there. Looks like @joehauer is out of luck as well, unfortunately.

Apparently I was wrong in thinking none were announced for May as opposed to none that would help me. Oops. Hopefully the Epcot or MK dates will cover that week, although given they haven’t announced anything I’m not expecting early May dates…

1 Like

Anyone who has an onsite resort stay for one of the dates can book at the earlier date, tomorrow. Nothing to do with deluxe or otherwise.

DVC and AP holders get no booking advantage unless they have an onsite stay booked. They can get a discount whatever date they book.

Everyone else can book on the later dates

1 Like

That is fine, I’m sure we will find something to spend the $ on :slight_smile:

1 Like