Never say never....aka, flying to Orlando

Abbreviations and acronyms can be so challenging!!

I used to be convinced that people from Pennsylvania and Massachusetts did not know the names of their states because they always said “P. A.” Or “Mass”.

2 Likes

Sometimes needs clarification:

I’m going to Mass later

Mass the state or Mass like church?

True. Lol.

MC is obviously pronounced Mac, so it’s muv-mac-pee

1 Like

V[quote=“mousematt, post:42, topic:59610”]
How do you guys pronounce MCO?
[/quote]

em-see-oh. The only way to say it.

Well… There is “the tenth circle of Hell” if you prefer! :rofl:

1 Like

I am fairly certain that title goes to LAX!

1 Like

I think M C. O. But the way I remember the airport code is Mickey and Company.

2 Likes

It does bring up a valid point… WHY is it MCO?

McCoy Air Force Base

2 Likes

Have you been to MCO and through their security???

I wish I had a bit more time to type, but I would try to avoid a layover. Just doubling your chances for a delay. Especially during the summer months when thunderstorms start popping up.

I will try to give a more in depth reply and answer as many questions for you, but I want to let you know that I’m a pilot for Spirit and live in the metro Detroit area.

In brief, we’ve gotten a bad reputation in the past but are working on improving it.

Our inflight staff had been trained by Disney Customer service (interesting since this a primarily a Disney planning site) and our service has improved over the last year.

Our seat pitch is pretty close to what United offers.

Also, it’s a pretty short flight, flying time is typically around 2:00-2:10. Yes the block time is around 2:35-2:40.

Please, if you haven’t, try to fly in the morning to Orlando. Afternoon, thunderstorms can cause big delays.

I’ll read the thread a little more, and I’ll try to give you a little more information tomorrow, but I’m hoping to sway your decision on connecting.

Interesting enough, I’m flying to Orlando in the morning tomorrow.

5 Likes

Yes, just two weeks ago! LAX as well and LAX was WAY worse!

I don’t know. Having been to MCO when the regular line was into the food court and the pre-check line was well beyond its official beginning point, I find it hard to believe anything could be worse

LAX has been in a perpetual state of construction for the past 4+ years and no end is in site. We must have gotten lucky because we had very little wait at MCO. It was a little chaotic, but other than that is was one of my better TSA experiences. Phoenix and LAX top my negative experience list.

Congratulations!! :slight_smile: You are the only person I know who has had no issues with MCO!

LAX sounds like the hot mess LGA is. In Feb I had an early morning flight to MCO, so I used points and stayed at a hotel FIVE MINUTES away for their early morning shuttle. Got on the shuttle at 4am. Got out of the shuttle at 5:00. Yep. A full hour for a 5 minute ride. I have decided that I will take connecting flights from JFK or EWR before I will take a flight from LGA again - at least until they get their sugar-honey-iced-tea together and get it done.

3 Likes

I’ve had no issues with MCO, but I’ve been there when there are massive lines. (picking up or when staying in the hotel. I don’t just hang out at the airport)

1 Like

We have arrived when the wait time for security showed an hour on the screens they have up. We sat in the rotunda and had a snack and a coffee/other and by the time we were done the line was down to 15 mins (and accurate). We still waited the hour but we did it in comfort and relaxation.

TSA officers st MCO can be quite surly and one guy was so over the top in love with his power. I just try to remember that theirs is a stressful and thankless job and they are likely often the target of frustrated travelers.

1 Like

you just helped me stay out of trouble in future with this little trick :wink:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! We learn all kinds of ways to say things when teaching. Haha!

1 Like