Never needed a vacation more trip report

What has Mythos done to you?! Drop in food quality?

1 Like

Last time it was “ok”. My whole group preferred Finnegan’s. Mythos is just too expensive for ok. We ordered a few items we had in the past and they just were not the same quality.

3 Likes

There are plenty of options that are better than ok. Shame though.

2 Likes

My guess is it is time of day. When we do dinner there it’s usually early too, around 5:00 or 5:30.

1 Like

There was a report from lunch just a few days ago that the service was really slow but I can’t remember whose trip report it was in. Maybe @rctmsu2000?

Yes, Toothsome was a lunch reservation for us because I had heard lunch had better service than dinner due to crowds. Still dreadful service, took us 2 hours to get out of there. Food was mediocre at best.

We will go back for milkshakes or desserts, in the take-out area. Won’t be back for dining.

3 Likes

Today’s the last day and Express Pass is worth it’s weight in gold. This place is packed!

6 Likes

My nephew desperately wanted to do Velocicoaster one last time, but it was down most of the day yesterday - it came up as we were sitting at the hotel waiting on the car service. We ended up doing Jimmy Fallon, Gringotts, Hogwarts Express, FJ and then waited as long as we could for Velocicoaster before we had to bail.

I heard from one of the bellmen that the Hard Rock is doing their external renovations this year and will update rooms next year. They definitely need it. I love the ability to just text for anything we needed. We had an issue with the shower blocking up and a few minutes after texting we had maintenance in the room. I am glad to have full housekeeping back, but unfortunately, they didn’t get to our room until 5pm or later - usually when we were back to rest and shower up before heading out for the evening. We only had housekeeping one day as a result. And I was surprised they didn’t have the refillable drink cups. You could buy one at the park and fill it in the freestyle machine for $2.50 a drink, but that isn’t what we were looking for.

Overall, a good trip. Our flight was delayed so I didn’t get home until 2:30am and my first meeting back was at 8:00am, so I’m running on fumes, but I’m glad I took a few days away. Our next trip will be in August and this project should be well in the rearview mirror.

9 Likes

I wish this happened in real life! :rofl:

3 Likes

I can’t even imagine. I have never in my life scheduled a holiday when I had to go in work the next day, travelling is tiring! I would be dead if I had attempted this!

4 Likes