Never needed a vacation more trip report

We did dinner at NBC Sports Bar and Grill (ok, nothing special) and then went back to IOA to do Hagrid’s one more time.

Then, the boys were complaining that I was taking too long to get a sweatshirt so I sent them ahead to the resort while I shopped. During which, they called and asked me to get VooDoo donuts so I mobile order. They wanted a pink frosted donut and old fashioned glazed. Waited for about 20 minutes only to get the bag and be told no old fashioned, I needed to go inside and pick out a different donut. Ugh.

I put in my earbuds and turned on my podcast (latest episode of The Golden Ratio) and hiked back, stopping at Emack & Bolio’s for some ice cream for myself. Overall, a pretty good day.

10 Likes

When I did volcano bay a few years ago, I was able to use my photo package. I would bring the photo card with you and ask the team member to make sure the accounts are linked. I know my photo account used the same email address as my universal account which was linked to the TapuTapu.

2 Likes

Good to know, thank you!

1 Like

Today is rest and relaxation day. Got a cabana by the pool and movies tonight.

5 Likes

Movie at the pool or CityWalk?

CityWalk. We’re seeing the new Jurassic World.

4 Likes

Sounds like a fun night!

1 Like

So we were at the cabana enjoying ourselves until around 2:00 when 2 snakes slithered through it. DS was kind of done at that point. I was trying to convince him to stay when they evacuated the pool area due to weather.

Back to our rooms, we showered and when the rain stopped, we decided to play mini golf

I moved our movie time up and we’re waiting on the show to start.

Nephew swears he’ll do Velocicoaster tomorrow….I remain skeptical.

10 Likes

I would be too.

4 Likes

I literally jumped on my chair

4 Likes

I would have too.

1 Like

I would have Noped my way right out of there. :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Ok, we closing out the night. The movie was a fun summer flick which is all we really wanted (but could have done without the 2 year old sitting two seats away walking up and down the aisle and talking until he finally fell asleep about 30 minutes in). Walked out to see the fireworks going off and I was able to get them to stop for one quick photo.

13 Likes

Boys last night as we left the movie theater: “We should get up early and go to the park early!”.

Guess who is still sitting by herself having a drink with both a Velocicoaster return time and wheelchair for the little one at 10:10am?

11 Likes

Kids!!

He did it….we’re all in shock

Very, very crowded in Hogsmead today. We took the Hogwarts Express to Universal and bailed for some relaxation and cards. Will head back tonight.

11 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

Lunch today was at Toothsome. I’ve seen a lot of complaints of slow service, but that has never been an issue for us and it wasn’t today either. But the food isn’t blowing me away anymore and besides the truffle fries, there’s nothing there I need to have so we may be writing that one off the list for a bit.

We went back to the resort to relax, did a quick dinner at the resort and back to IOA for this evening where we did Hagrid’s again and the 2 water rides. My nephew declared it the best day yet due to Velocicoaster.

12 Likes

I wonder if this is a lunch vs dinner thing? We had lunch there and the service was fine, and it was fairly easy to get a reservation. Also at dinner there were huge crowds outside waiting for a table.

3 Likes

Great pictures! (Yes forum I know I have replied to @FindMeAFishingSpot 3 times in a row)

I think I am done with Toothsome’s too. My first visits I loved the food, the last few times- not so much. I think Mythos is off my list too (ducking out).

3 Likes