NDR: What is everyone reading?

I’m a Sci Fi and Fantasy reader too! So no shame there :smile:

1 Like

I’m having a hard time reading the 5th book of the game of throne serie, I agree with @happygolucky the more I read the book the more I am dissapointed. Took me twice the time to read the 4th book then any other book I’ve read!

Right now I’ve just started reading Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson, I like it so far!

@OBNurseNH Nope this is the first book I’m reading from Jodi Picoult, my mother in law enjoys her books and recommended it. I like 11/22/63 by Stephen King, that one was pretty good too.

I think you’ll enjoy her. The Pact is one of a few that were made into tv movies (I think Lifetime carried them, but they were far better than most Lifetime movies - which I am ashamed to say I do enjoy from time to time LOL)

My favorite of hers I think would be My Sisters Keeper. Do check out her older stuff, too, though. It’s neat how some of her characters from old books are weaved into the story of new ones.

1 Like

Awesome!! I’ll definitely look into her other books! One of my favorite authors is Alice Hoffman. Her books are really good too. The last book I read from her was Incantation. The Dovekeepers was also an amazing book.

1 Like

@OB I think you’ll like that Steven King book. Not all of his books are super scary so that’s a great one to try. I also read The Book Thief which I really enjoyed. I haven’t gotten a chance to see the movie yet.

1 Like

I’m thinking of taking Joyland on our trip. My DD loved the book, have you read it yet?

I just finished The Fault in our Stars. I currently started rereading the Harry Potter books since I’m going to Universal this fall. I’m also reading The Silkworm and a Star Wars book that I can’t remember the name of right now.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed The Fault In Our Stars, so much so that I went out and got all of John Green’s other books. Looking For Alaska is my favorite after TFIOS. Right now I’m reading Chestnut Street, by Maeve Binchy.

1 Like

Looking for Alaska in on my Goodreads to read list. I read some of the reviews and it looked like something that I’d really enjoy. Glad to hear that you liked it!

I am reading Steven Berry’s latest The Lincoln Myth
On deck is Debra Harken’s The Book of Life,
Daniel Silva’s The Heist and I always seem to be waiting for George R.R. Martins next book.

Currently reading Inferno by Dan Brown. For those of you with e-readers, you might want to check out bookbub.Com. They send out emails with free or inexpensive books based on your preferences for reading. I’be downloaded about a dozen free books in the last few weeks. Generally not the high profile authors, but I like that I can try new (to me) authors with no $ spent in case I don’t care for it.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge King fan (I get too creeped out) but 11/22/63 was very good. I enjoyed it!

I think that some of my Facebook friends have recommended BookBub before or maybe it was a recommended ad for me. But I never looked into it. How often do they send emails?

The Book Thief.

@kellymouse5 you get an email everyday with different books. Some are free and some are on sale. The most I’ve one is for like 2.99. Has anyone with a kindle thought about subscribing to kindle unlimited through amazon. I’ve thought about it.

Thanks @mreyes1981! I’m not a fan of daily emails but I might succumb for the sake of reading. :laughing:

I looked into the kindle unlimited but decided against it b/c I already have a prime membership and it seemed like a lot of the books offered on unlimited were also offered on prime.

I think they send email once a day with what they have that day. I like it but it’s not always the best book. I’ve read some hit and some miss on it, but it’s always a plus to not have to pay for a book!

I am re-reading the Piers Anthony Incarnations of Immortality and Mercedes Lackey’s Heralds/Valdemar stuff right now.

I haven’t found any new authors I enjoy so I am reliving what I liked!

1 Like