My Travel Agent will hate me

And post payments

1 Like

Ah yes. That. Sorry. Forgot about that.

Still not a big deal. I donā€™t even have to call her - just email her and tell her what amount to put on the card on file. If Iā€™m using a gift card I just send her a picture of the back of the card.

2 Likes

Exactlyā€“I am a control freak but if I can help to shift a little of Disneyā€™s profit to a small business, then I will. Aside from making the initial resort/package reservation and applying any new deals, my TA only makes my payment. I do all of my other planning/reservations myself.

3 Likes

My TA hasnā€™t ever sought out deals for me. Is that the norm? I have always had to request a new deal.

They should be checking your reservation against all deals- without being asked.

4 Likes

Agreed! There have been times that even before I knew a new discount was out that my TA has already checked and emailed me either with the new lower price or a message that I already have the better deal. Iā€™ve never had to contact her and ask.

3 Likes

The craziest refunds for me have been the non-Disney cruises. I think my RCL cruise was re-booked six times?

1 Like

Yep. My Celebrity ones have been nuts. I had one cancel that was using most of a future cruise credit and I opted for a refund this time - which entailed her contacting them to change the FCC to a refund. Itā€™s crazy!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I suspected. I would love to keep giving my business to a TA but having to initiate the contact for getting a better deal is an annoyance.

Get another TA!

3 Likes

I think thereā€™s a list on here somewhere of TAs. Or feel free to message me and Iā€™ll give you contact info for mine - or her agency.

1 Like

Liner TAs:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/liner-tas-with-special-permission-if-youre-looking-for-one-you-can-find-one-here/9367/3

Plus, a great one posted on this threadā€¦plus Touring Plans has a new agency with @AnnetteJackson and @Brian.

2 Likes

For many trips I made all the arrangements.
For some reason Iā€™m not recalling I began using a TA, for sure by 2005.

The only reason I donā€™t use a TA is if my sister exchanges into DVC.

Otherwise I use a TA. She alerts me to new discounts and applies them. Posts payments with the card on file. Pretty much automatic. I last booked thru her in 2018.

1 Like

Yes, I think itā€™s time for that.

1 Like