My solo California Adventure - live (ish) trip report!

I’m here! First time at DLR, first solo trip. Planned this less than a week ago… here we go!

Waiting at rope on Main, it’s drizzly and cold but I’m so excited!

19 Likes

Yay! Have a great day!

3 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: Have all the fun!! And Thank you for sharing. :blush: Disneyland is beautiful in the drizzle!

4 Likes

I went to hell with Mr Toad! Prob funny rope drop choice but I loved it. In line for Snow White now.

15 Likes

Love it!! That’s what is best about solo trips. You get to choose where to go and when without anyone complaining or wanting another ride!

8 Likes

I’m really interested in what you think of the updated version. I hear it’s great. I wish they’d overhaul a lot of Fantasyland stuff like that!!

5 Likes

It was really cute and well done!!

9 Likes

Suns out! And IASW blows east coast away!

@LTinNC82

14 Likes

Oooh yay! Hope the drizzle keeps the crowds away! Great choice so far on the Fantasyland choices you’ve knocked out so far. And actually it’s looking like you chose rightly with Mr. Toad’s as it’s now currently down. I highly, highly, highly recommend fitting Alice in Wonderland in. Objectively, it’s probably the best classic dark ride. Peter Pan is right up there too (and I just love Peter Pan so much so it wins favorite for me, personally, but PP is always so busy & Alice is just as good if not better done, so we end up riding Alice more often).

5 Likes

Awww it’s DH’s sister!

7 Likes

I’ll be curious to hear what you think after you make your trip out. In the 2010’s work was done on the effects in both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan and those are already at the level that Snow White came up to in its refresh. But I am also looking at both Alice and Peter Pan from the lens of someone who’s known the rides pre any of the upgrades so already as they are now is a vast improvement from how they were from the early 90’s to the 2010’s when they got those upgrades.

Pinocchio & Mr. Toad’s may benefit from some upgrades, but the story told on the ride works & the effects that help tell them are very much believable as they are. Snow White in it’s Scary Adventure form did not have a working story, especially the wrap-up, and I’m really glad it got the refresh it did.

5 Likes

I miss the poison apple out in front of Snow Whites but didn’t realize until now since its not scary adventures it’s not there! :rofl:

4 Likes

I reminded DW last week that we are almost 365 out from the DLR trip we’ve discussed! She got the, “Oh no…we are going to have to start talking about this!” look :rofl:

7 Likes

Yes, we don’t like that they took away the apple!! :broken_heart: :disappointed: My older 2 kids missed it right away the first time we rode it and then once DS6 found out it had existed but no longer did, was bitter that he would never ever have a memory of tapping it (I explained to him that he’s tapped it before when he 0-2 years old, I’m sure he actually has at one point since it was my kids’ favorite thing about getting on the ride, but he being the emotional little kiddo he is, went right to how sad he was he never got to do it).

3 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You can talk to me!! The DL forum is where I check first when I’m forum-ing, so I’ll be there!

4 Likes

Genie+ working out great. After small world, I did Pirates (amazing), listening to singing pirates, hot beignets, rode the Main Street trolley, Space, Matterhorn (on the right), and now in line for Nemo.

After this I’m hopping to DCA. I am going to come back later after I hit my highlights over there for Alice and general wandering.

Loving this day!

8 Likes

Coming back for this and Pinocchio later!

4 Likes

Oh and I forgot I did Indy also!!! That was AMAZING!

12 Likes

Indy & Pirates & Matterhon & Space after a Fantasyland rope drop and you got beignets, live entertainment (pirates signing) AND a Main St Trolley ride?!?! I would be loving this day too. You are killing it!

6 Likes

What a great time! Indy is on my must-do bucket list!!

5 Likes