My new obsession

I’m not exactly a collector, but I do like sets of things. Well, I am a mathematician, after all.

For my first trip I bought a Mickey MB on eBay. During my second I bought a D&B MB on property. I just got a regular plain one for my third trip. And for my most recent trip @quicha super-kindly gave me an I Am Mickey MB.

So I have a set. One for each trip. But the generic one for my third trip doesn’t count. So I just ordered a MVMCP 2018 MB on eBay. For an undisclosed sum. (It was a lot.)

Now my set will be perfect. Four special MBs for four special trips.

But now I’m getting super-stressed about my next trip in December.

I want this:

But because Disney IT systems are the Worst In The World, even when it’s in stock it won’t let me order one.

I must have one. It’s the only one that makes sense for the trip.

I did have a plan that I’d get a special trading pin for each trip, but that didn’t work out. I didn’t buy any till my second trip. And I don’t really have any that feel special for any given trip.

Here’s the collection so far, with that all-essential fourth one missing, but on its way from eBayland. The first and third have personalised pucks in them, which I got by switching out pucks from plain ones from resort stays.

And here’s the missing one. Won’t it look great next to the others!

During my most recent trip I managed — with the help of @JuliaMc — to do Four Parks in One Day. I became obsessed with acquiring one You Are Here ornament mug from each Starbucks to commemorate it. This turned out to be harder than you think.

But look! Aren’t they handsome!

28 Likes

Lovely new MB. Worth the price, particularly since you wer there over Xmas 2018.

Love the mugs, too.

1 Like

love the mbs and the mugs…was hoping they had those in the parks… im a collector also :grin:

1 Like

Very nice! Good luck with the Star Wars magic band!

I predict that for your next collection you will try to get a set of DVC memberships, one for each property. :smile:

5 Likes

Random question: Will the Starbucks locations @ Disney send your items back to your resort like the gift shops do? I love “you are here” mugs, but don’t want to lug them around😋

1 Like

In my experience, no. But you can take the mugs to a regular Disney store and get them sent to the front of the park or to your resort – I’ve done this.

And Welcome!

2 Likes

Thanks😃 I like it here. The folks in this forum seem to be somehow nicer, more helpful, and have a drier sense of humor than on some other Disney forums. I think y’all might be my people😂

14 Likes

You say that now . . .

3 Likes

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there you’re as welcome as can be.

4 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

also. despite certain challenging children. Who we love. no names. All children are favorite children. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just wait, you’ll see…:wink:

1 Like

Thank you😘

1 Like

Thanks! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

“I hereby promise to interact with all forum members with no favour to specific persons” :raised_hand:

4 Likes

Hold up. …did you just call me a child?

Scratch that—did you just call me challenging???

I mean…you’re not wrong… just looking for clarification.

5 Likes

Regarding the magic band, I have a trip planned for Feb/March. I’m not planning toget a magic band because a) I have 3and 2)because one is a Minnie Bow Crazy Polkadots band and its the best one. If you want I can try to ge that one for you.

Well, it’s not available for me now. Also I realized that I think they put your name on it so you’d have to be Deborah. If you don’t mind being Deborah I can check again later.

1 Like

Yes, yes they are. I was finally able to get two of those for my sons for an October trip, but it wouldn’t let me get the Small World MB I wanted at the same time.

Keep checking back on the site. It will probably come back in stock at some point.

That’s super kind of you. The problem is, I don’t know how soon they ship them. My trip is in December and I’m hoping to have it in time for that.

You can put any name on it you like, though it won’t matter because I’ll have to remove and destroy the puck as it will forever be linked to your account. The plan is to get a plain grey band, which Disney will let me order and customise with my own name, and replace the puck with that.

A new option may be this, which I see is on sale at SWGE itself now:

2 Likes

Apparently MBs are shipped well in advance if you order the premium one: Exciting yet also so disappointing...magic bands