My heart

This is kind of a personal-ish post. A long time ago, I posted a question asking about Turtle Talk With Crush and my daughter’s special needs. I don’t think anyone would remember this, so to recap, my seven year old has a genetic condition that affects her speech muscles. It is very difficutl to understand what she is saying, and she relies mostly on an ipad app to speak to people outside of her family. We are getting ready to go to the hospital tomorrow for her to have what we hope is her final in-patient surgery on her speech muscles. Chances are very high that this surgery will bring her speech almost to “normal.”

As we are packing her hospital bag, she told me that she is not nervous because the doctors are going to help her talk better, and she is hoping that when we are able to visit the princesses again she’ll be able to talk to them with her own voice. It was such a sweet moment, I didn’t even realize this was something she felt she had been missing out on. I’m not sure that princess visits will be happening during our upcoming August trip, but I hope her dream comes true and she is able to greet at least some of the characters “with her own voice.” (even if from afar!) Definitely something I’ll have my video camera on for!!!

83 Likes

What a fantastic story… the innocence of youth and the thought process of a child…

I will keep your family in my thoughts for a positive outcome tomorrow and peace for both patient and parent…

Peace!

4 Likes

Aw that’s so sweet! Hope the surgery goes well.

5 Likes

:pray:t3: for the surgery.

So sweet how children’s thoughts flow.

6 Likes

I do remember you telling us the story about Crush.

Hope the surgery goes well for her.

3 Likes

This is bringing tears to my eyes! Lots of prayers and pixie dust for her (and you) tomorrow! I have to tell my sister this story because she is a speech pathologist who works with kids.

5 Likes

Good luck with the surgery.

Thoughts and prayers for you, your daughter, and your family.

:pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

Wow, I truly hope everything goes well for her. Not sure about many of the meet and greets but as it is now Anna and Elsa are out by the entrance to their meet and greet. They are close enough for her to talk to.

5 Likes

I’m not tearing up. You’re tearing up.

:heart: Out of the mouths of babes.

Keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers, and sending truckloads of positive thoughts her way for a speedy recovery.

8 Likes

Good luck for tomorrow :green_heart:

5 Likes

Good luck tomorrow. I hope the surgery is quick, uneventful, and with a great outcome.

It is so sweet to hear her thoughts and I too hope her dream of speaking to the princesses comes true!

2 Likes

Out of the mouths of babes. This is so touching. Thank you for sharing. :pray:t3: For tomorrow.

1 Like

We’re all tearing up!

OP, prayers for a successful Surgery and her wish comes true. What a sweet girl!

6 Likes

:yellow_heart: :pray:

4 Likes

Aww, that made my heart melt. Best wishes for a successful day tomorrow.

2 Likes

:heart: Now I’m crying on a plane! Prayers for a successful surgery! We just ate at CRT and it was definitely possible to talk to Cinderella from a distance. I also echo @galuchies_463555 - we had a lovely exchange with Princess Anna at Epcot. :hugs: to you and your daughter!

8 Likes

Oh my gosh your story hit me in all the feels! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you for a surgery that goes as planned and an easy, full recovery.

3 Likes

So sweet. Prayers for a successful surgery.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your encouraging messages! They really mean a lot. I wasn’t even going to share about the procedure (but I’m glad I did) but when she said that, I knew you guys would understand how much that means to her.

I totally forgot about the Anna and Elsa meets! I’m glad we will at least have that! Especially since those are her current favorite princesses. :heart:

14 Likes

Aww, sending hugs and best wishes for today! :slight_smile:

2 Likes