My friend's last minute Christmas trip, aka "Make me say Ooooof! Na na na naaaa" (edited first post)

This is a key factor. One that tends to get lost. A kid will be happy doing a favorite thing over again. And again. And again. :smile:

6 Likes

This!

3 Likes

ROFL

7 Likes

LOL, I mean she said she knows nothing…

4 Likes

I actually was going to suggest that if they can get 1 or 2 character meals they can totally skip G+, and focus on a few top choices for rides, seeing the shows, and just taking in the experience.

The upside to having to use hoppers and start their day at either Epcot or AK is that it means they’re actually going to Epcot (or at least, they can), which they weren’t originally planning on doing. Using BG1 they can likely get a pre-2pm VQ for GoG if they want, and that also give them at least the possibility of getting Akershus or jumping in a random WS line to meet a princess. Hoppers also give the option to pop in at HS just for a Rise ILL if Star Wars is of interest, Frozen and/or Beauty & the Beast shows, or maybe an H&V meal with Mickey & Minnie.

7 Likes

Oh, and they for sure will have a car. That’s also good, because they could do a resort character meal on a non-park day… help ease the time crunch.

8 Likes

This is awesome advice!

Hoping now for ADRs!

3 Likes

They wanted less structure anyway… this sweet summer child asked if there’s a way to not really have to have the days planned, and be able to just wander without missing out. I told her that a minimal plan is necessary… just the bare bones plan is definitely doable, but it means they’ll get to do less.

7 Likes

At Disney!!! LOL…tell em to just spend all day at Casey Jrs Splash Zone and Tom Sawyer Island, Boneyard and Animal Trails, etc and maybe?

7 Likes

Big satificer vibes

7 Likes

Yes!! But it involves moving to FL and being able to buy an AP :wink:

9 Likes

With a minimal, bare bones plan I can see them ready to return to the World sooner than later.

:blush:

4 Likes

Since they are offsite, they have to wait until park opening to get an ILL, and RotR is one that tends to run out before park opening, especially on busy days. So they may have to hop in line at the end of the day if they want to ride it without a 2+hour wait.

4 Likes

We hopped in the Rise line at 8:40pm for a 9:00pm close. Had a very minimal wait…maybe 10 minutes…before we entered the components of the attraction. Such a good ride and I’m so glad we didn’t spend the extra money on the ILL.

6 Likes

I’m imagining this while she was texting you

7 Likes

Disney often inflates their wait times in the last hour of park operations, and I have a hunch that SWGE is even less busy during the evening hours that it looks based on posted wait times. Most people seem to do SWGE in the morning / early afternoon.

4 Likes

When we were there a year ago, we definitely noticed the inflated wait times in SWGE. We walked past RotR just before close and there was no line outside. The crowds definitely thinned out.

1 Like

Omg, they just opened up mk reservations for 3 of the days…I told her to jump on it right now

10 Likes

go go go…

I like how before she was like maybe we’ll add a 2nd day to MK and now we’re like snatch em now…get all three of em LOL

4 Likes

I’m super invested in this thread so please keep us up to date as much as possible. :wink:

12 Likes