My friend's last minute Christmas trip, aka "Make me say Ooooof! Na na na naaaa" (edited first post)

I’m going to help her the best I can, and I do have experience with last minute trips, but this is legit the biggest WDW challenge ever issued to me.

EDIT!!!
Okay, so she’s got 2-day hoppers and APRs for MK on 12/23 (CL6, for sure the best MK day of the trip) and AK on 12/25 (also CL 6, best day other than 12/23). 8:00am ADR at Tusker House on 12:25, and I have an alert set for Akershus after 5pm on 12/25. Her husband is supposed to fly in on 12/23, but he’s flying from western Michigan, where they’ll be in the middle of a blizzard so she may be doing the whole trip without him, and therefore I’m not including any rides with a height requirement over 40".

Here’s what I’m giving her for MK day… until we know for sure her husband’s flight on Friday is cancelled then she’s got to plan on picking him up at Sanford airport around noon. Disney and Universal Touring Plans I think maybe she should get G+ that day… it will save at least 2 hours of lines.

14 Likes

Are there even park reservations left?

Also, I will say after having visited MK on NYE in the past if this is gonna be her lasting impression. Oooof is right. It was miserably crowded. I got bumped painfully twice by a wheelchair and a stroller leaving bruises on me. Just walking around is fireworks crowds all day long!

5 Likes

Yikes :grimacing:

3 Likes

I just looked and MK is not available from 21-31 and from the 27-29 no AK just EPC

1 Like

There’s no MK reservations from the 19th-1st, not not many days in there for HS. I explained that, but explained that if they get park hoppers they can start at AK or Epcot and then switch parks after 2

4 Likes

I mean if the park is not at capacity but did it hit capacity last year?

2 Likes

She also didn’t realize that HS has Star Wars… and realized they’ll probably want to go there

4 Likes

That’s another hard one to get. They do have it some days thru Christmas but not after Christmas

1 Like

Hope it’s refundable!

8 Likes

This made me literal LOL. Also if it’s not Disney property there’s always Universal

6 Likes

I watched a vlogger park hop to all 4 parks on like Christmas Eve or maybe the day before. I don’t think they’ve ever hit capacity since they brought hopping back.

2 Likes

Okay that’s good news. On NYE I made us wake up at like 4am and get there for 6am early entry because I was afraid the park would hit capacity which also meant we couldn’t nap.

I do think that’s one way reservations have really helped… on 99% of days I don’t think they make a difference but on those handful of really peak days that used to be totally insane I think things are much better.

7 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I just looked around… as of 3/6/22 the only time any park has been closed to hopping was MK on 10/2/21 aka 50th Anniversary day.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh. I can’t imagine trying to help someone who just made these plans with no idea how they would pull it off. I mean I would try of course, but it’s like helping someone off the high platform when they’ve never dove before.

I wondered about reservations too. By needing to add park hoppers and I would guess G+ to get anything done, it’s going to get expensive quickly for them. I hope they’re ok with that.

I’m joking here but if someone asked me what to do, I’d say postpone your trip by a month :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean, in a perfect world postponing for a month would be great because I’d be there then, and I could actually meet her husband and kids… she’s a friend from grade school through high school. We grew up in the same neighborhood.

5 Likes

Even better! I hope it works out and no matter what gets accomplished, they have a great time.

2 Likes

I’m feeling overwhelmed by stuff in my life from all angles at the moment but I think they’re going to be more miserable than me. Ugh. But if they definitely want to do this I’d suggest things like visiting resorts to enjoy the holiday decor, restaurants in resorts or Disney Springs (is it still called that?), etc.—fun stuff kids will enjoy that isn’t jam packed like the parks. I realize these things will also be packed but I’m guessing not as much. Swimming in their hotel pool, if they have one, etc. Stuff that little kids like that seems not as important but might be more fun than waiting for rides.

2 Likes

Me reading this…

15 Likes