My first WDW trip report!

Looking forward to hearing about the party! Have all the fun! :blush:

4 Likes

DS9 likes to rope drop the pool. DH and I often will start the day at a hottub if we aren’t ropedropping a park. :smiley:

3 Likes

@eightyeightkeys anything you want me to check for you? I’ll let you know how it goes!

2 Likes

Not anything specific…I don’t plan on any meet and greets. Just want to catch the show, parade, fireworks, photo pass opportunities, and a few rides. :blush:

2 Likes

Arrived at MK around 3:50pm and was inside by 4:10pm. Line seemed long and in the sun but it moved fast after 4pm.

Then we rode a few rides before the party started and then Tron was easy with BG1! BG was called at 6:10pm and we went straight there and had almost no wait. I think we skipped the pre shows and were completely lost on the story, but the ride itself was fast and fun.

Then took some photopass pictures (lines vary and seem to be a bit random so just look for the short ones).

We got seats for the parade around 8:30pm and main street seats were basically full, we took some of the last ones.

None of the party food seemed good for us so we had plain tots and mac and cheese due to lack of options but wasn’t good (in line with expectations)

Atmosphere is really fun! Some areas crowded but rides are fine and no issue just walking around! We have really enjoyed the random dance parties including the country one in adventureland/frontierland area.

14 Likes

Sounds like you are having a great time, and I’m glad BG1 worked out for 6pm!!

2 Likes

@darkmite2 I know you’re worried about Tron but it was super easy with BG1! And you can plan for it to be called before the party starts

6 Likes

Parade was incredible, definitely worth it! The fireworks were good but I personally prefer HEA. They had to anticipate the fireworks because of bad weather but luckily it only drizzled on and off afterwards, nothing disrupting. I think it’s a must to plan for the rain and then hope for the best.

We got to ride seven dwarves and trick or treat a little bit, take some pictures, shop. Our bodies are once again exhausted and we are ready to pass out!

Overall the party was nice and I’m definitely happy I did it. Not sure if it’s something I would do every visit. It really feels crowded for the entertainment. I did villain after hours a few years back and I actually preferred that. I guess I like emptier parks :slight_smile:

Tomorrow is AK day, which is my favorite so can’t wait!

15 Likes

Gorgeous HM photo!

3 Likes

I tried to use BG1. I’m not computer / phone savvy to install / use it. I really tried.

No ride is worth all this drama to me.

I’ll either get a ILL$ or a BG at the party or I won’t…

I’m done even worrying about it. :man_shrugging::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Have fun in AK today!

2 Likes

In case I run into you at some point I’m happy to set it up for you. If not go for an ILL.

To be honest, it’s a fun ride for 10 seconds… but the position isn’t very comfortable and the ride is very quick. The story also made no sense to me so don’t feel like you’re missing the best ride of the year. I personally like space mountain and seven dwarves better :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s so sweet! I’m only at WDW for the one night of MNSSHP. I’m going to Orlando for HHN. MNSSHP is what I’m doing one of the nights HHN is closed. (gotta give those scare actors a break too!)

I’m trying soooo hard to not compare it to Hagrid’s before I ride it. Hagrid’s is the best and it’s not fair to compare Tron to it before I’ve even been on. Just because they have a motorcycle style ride doesn’t make them the same.

This is one of the very few benefits of being 5’ 2". I fit on most rides easily!

That’s what I’ve heard. If it does something unique that can be an amazing 10 seconds. If it just a launch coaster with pretty lights then that will be a bit of a let down.

However, MK needs a “thrill” ride. Tron does fit perfectly into this slot!

I’ll find out in 6 more days!!

3 Likes

I’m at UOR this weekend in case you’re around.

I’m 5’3’’ so I fit in it well but I still felt it pressed into my stomach and bothered my neck but maybe I wasn’t in the right position

My fiance has done both and said Hagrids is a million times better so try not to compare :slight_smile:

Make sure to watch the first parade, the rain messed up the second one last night

3 Likes

OMG! I’m sorry that I forgot!! I leave for UOR tomorrow morning! I’ll be there 9/14 - 9/26!

PLEASE if you see me & DD stop us and say hello! I’m going to post all my TPs in my Live TR. If you want to stalk me that’s the best way!!

If you yell either Larry or DarkMite I’ll respond!!

11 Likes

How did that happen??
Your trip was forever away!!
How exciting :smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

Life moves pretty fast!!

I couldn’t even sleep this morning. I rolled over at 5am and my mind started thinking, “in exactly 24 hours I’ll be getting up to go to the airport!!”

I came in early to work, knocked out everything I needed to do and I’m just sitting at my desk waiting!

7 Likes

I’m 5’8” so a little concerned about Tron…

1 Like

Tomorrow!!! :blush:

3 Likes

At 6’2", I fit just fine hight wise on Tron. The bar on my calf is the trouble point. My feet are usually starting to go numb by the end.

The back piece only suggests you to lean forward, it doesn’t stop you from sitting more upright if you want. The handlebars may be a bit of a reach sitting up though

5 Likes