My first go at a trip report. Days 1-3

Awesome!! I like FOTLK even more than Nemo.

1 Like

Good morning everyone. We’re getting an early start today. Hope everyone has a great day!

9 Likes

What a great way to start the day!

2 Likes

Day 4

We started day 4 out with a PPO ADR at Akershus. We left the Poly at 7 am, walked to the TTC, were on the monorail by 7:20 am, and thru the gates at EP by 7:50 am for an 8:00 am ADR. We got some nice pics of the park with no crowds in the background.

The food at Akershus was ok, but the princess interactions were great! The place was filled with little princesses, but our 2 boys didn’t seem to mind that they were some of the only little princes there. If anything, they got a little extra attention :slight_smile:

Then, at 7:55 am we walked on to FEA and into the Anna & Elsa character greeting with no wait time, thanks to the PPO breakfast. I would not hesitate to do this again in the future because it saves a lot of time and frees up a FP+.

Then, back to Future World for TT and Mission Space using our FP+.

The rest of the day was spent wandering WS. DS1 did the Kidcot passport activity book, which he enjoyed a lot. Also, Festival of the Arts is going on right now, which means there were lots of culinary treats similar to the Food & Wine festival in the fall. We used snack credits to eat until we were ready to explode. This was an awesome way to use up about 10 snack credits and get a lot of bang for the buck.

Believe it or not, we were still hungry for dinner. Our original plan was to go to DS for dinner at Raglan Road after they cancelled our Homecomin’ ADR. But, we were having such a good time in EP, we cancelled it and stayed. I was able to snag a last minute ADR at Biergarten, which was really fun. I’ve never been there before in my 15+ trips, even though it’s been here forever. We were really surprised at how fun it was and how good the food was. The kids loved doing the chicken dance and doing the ziggy zaggy ziggy zaggy hoi hoi hoi toast every 10 minutes.

On our way out of the park we hit Spaceship Earth, which is the best time to do the ride because there’s never a line at 8 or 9 pm. Then, back to the Poly. Four days in, and the kids are still going strong.

14 Likes

i love that your sons love princess meets. no stereotypes here!

2 Likes

Looks like such a fun trip!!!

1 Like

@DumboRunner It’s funny. He had been talking about meeting Elsa since he first saw the movie about a year ago. When he first saw her, he was so nervous that he buried his head in my stomach. She took his hand and walked him to the picture spot, and then he was all smiles. It was too cute.

The same thing happened at Akershus. When the first princess (Snow White) came, he was being super shy. It was kinda funny how she was still posing even though he was clearly not having it. By the time the last one (Cinderella) came, he was loving the attention.

10 Likes

Day 5

FOP. mind blown. I’m done for the day.

9 Likes

I love that the PPO breakfast got you through the 2 Norway attractions before the crowds. That’s a definite bonus!

Can’t wait to hear more about your AK day! FOP is so incredible!!!

2 Likes

Just to avoid future confusion, the “standard protocol” would be to use DS followed by age, rather than birth order. So, you have DS4 and DS1. I have, by comparison, DS20, DS19, DS16, DD15, and DS9. :slight_smile:

Okay. Back to our regularly scheduled trip report! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve seen and heard both. By the other convention people have said they’re impressed I have 4 kids…

2 Likes

Standard protocol!:joy:…we are just ‘nosy parkers’. Confess :wink:

Then again, if I said my DS1 is married, they would be like: :astonished:

:smiley:

2 Likes

Lol ok in the future I’ll go by your protocol. For this thread I’ll continue using DS1 and 2 to avoid even greater confusion :wink:

1 Like

I wouldn’t want people to think that during this trip I had 2 more kids…

2 Likes

What? Speak for yourself!

:smirk:

1 Like

Great report!

1 Like

Great trip report! Love the pictures, especially the early morning shots from your hotel. Looking forward to reading more soon!

1 Like

Honestly I’m still like :astonished::scream: that your DS20 is married!

1 Like

DH and I were 21 when we got married and I still have to stop and remind myself of that when I see other people get married that young. :laughing:

2 Likes