My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

Loving this. Have a magical trip.

Btw. Love the Frodo costume.

6 Likes

Wishing you a smooth flight! So excited to follow along! Yours boys are so adorable! I would make some joke about wanting to squeeze them but…2020…:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Your kids are adorable!! We went twice with really little ones as well - DD#1 was 15 months and then just over 2 years. Both were great trips for different reasons, and very different trips than now. (DD#1 is 14 now)

You’ll do great and have great memories down the line. Take all the pictures. Be safe, and I can’t wait to follow along!

3 Likes

We made it! Off the airplane and waiting on the Magical Express! Longest plane ride ever- and I flew across the Atlantic before! Really though, both kids did so well. Just as well, if not better than, could be reasonably expected! I watched part of the new Downton Abbey movie, DH watched Spider-Man Homecoming, DS(2) watched Finding Nemo and Cars.

About 20 minutes between the podium and taking off on the bus. DS(2) is doing great with a mask considering we’re well past his bed time. I’m going to see if we can get the kids to nap before our 4:45 res at B&C, but we’ll see! Worst case scenario, I run down and tell them we can’t make it, and we get dinner at the Boardwalk Pizza window.

My face feels chapped from the mask. This is the longest I’ve ever had one on at one time. I have a triple layered cotton mask on and will probably switch out for disposable for a time once we get to the resort. FL is hot. Can’t wait to change into shorts.

DS(1) is sleeping again, on me, on the bus. Which is sweet and lovely. Travel days are so rough! Y’all who do parks on the first day, I just can’t wrap my mind around it. Mad props.

22 Likes

Exactly right! Mine was with my pile of clothes for today, right next to my underwear, as they are equally important

(This is neither the time nor place for a discussion on the importance of underwear, folks)

10 Likes

So much hair! It really is time for a cut- it’s all up in the way. But we’re gonna get it cut shoulder-length. After 2 1/2 years, I can’t go buzz cut

6 Likes

Thank you! The “one ring” is my husband’s wedding ring. He kept joking that it’s the most expensive costume the boy will ever have.

5 Likes

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas It’s okay you can still joke about it. They’re so squeezable!

@lizzney22 thank you for the encouragement! I feel wonderfully fortunate to be able to bring our boys on this trip. Really, truly

4 Likes

Watching cartoons on the bus! Excellent social distancing on the bus, btw.

14 Likes

I just now did online check in, so we’ll see when my room number comes in. I requested a SE facing room using the Disney wholesale number, but I’m not 100% confident that it was actually added (having no reason whatsoever to believe that it hasn’t been) so we’ll see. Our PE deal was a water view, so if we could be facing the lagoon, that would just be the bees knees

6 Likes

We’re here and it’a AMAZING!! Room request granted! (Take that, pessimism)

And a glimpse of where the baby is sleeping :grin:

23 Likes

Beautiful!!! I loved putting my babies in bathrooms and closets on vacay. Built in blackout drapes! Our first trip our now DD4 (then DD1) slept in the bathroom at the Poly. :joy:

6 Likes

Butt…butt…Oh bum-mer!

2 Likes

This is my husband and myself as well. Although you are waaaaaaaay ahead of me. I would never have been able to get him to go on a trip of that magnitude with our boys that age.

1 Like

I feel like it’s a requirement. Because you know these young’ns don’t sleep as well when they’re in the same room as mom and dad! At least mine don’t

4 Likes

This. Place. Is. Beautiful. I love it. I could totally come here and have a vacation just staying at the resort, and never going into the parks. I’m saying I could, not that I would. But I get why others might.

DH put DS2 down for a nap in the room. I’ll wake them up in about 10 minutes for our beaches and cream Reservation. I’ve been strollering the little one along the boardwalk, hoping he’ll fall asleep. He hasn’t. It’ll be an interesting dinner. Hopefully he’ll be happy for a little while at least with food in his mouth, but I anticipate us having to take turns eating and keeping him company outside the restaurant.

11 Likes

Mr. Can’t Sleep

28 Likes

He looks so happy! For now. :rofl:

3 Likes

Who can sleep when they get to WDW?!

ME EITHER!!

13 Likes

Eeek! So excited to read your trip report! I’m missing Disney now, and it was so nice talking with you on my trip report that I am very excited to hear yours. Your boys will have a blast, I’m sure. And hopefully the napping thing won’t be a problem for the boys with all the Disney fun. Have a good dinner!

6 Likes