My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

I’m so glad you were able to do the water slide on the last day! Thank you for the great trip report!

3 Likes

Awesome pics! 10 days is a really long trip with little kids. Well done!

3 Likes

Guess who took a 4 hour nap today? Not not me. I wish! This guy:

9 Likes

Lol. The picture of Figment is not supposed to be there, but I’m going to leave it because maybe Figment got a 4 hour nap too

11 Likes

That was our experience as well, although the bus wasn’t crowded. But on the way to the World, we were told where to sit with empty rows in between and there was an effort to make it so that no one had to walk by another party on their way into the bus. (They did on the way out, but you can’t have everything.) On the way back to MCO, it was just - sit where you want, we don’t care. I don’t understand it at all.

2 Likes

This is concerning, but at the same time, would those most likely to use DME back to MCO be relatively low risk at that point? The vast majority will have been only on Disney property for at least the last few days and subject to following all the consistently enforced guidelines, temp checks at the parks, etc. Not quite the NBA bubble, but loosely similar concept. Maybe there’s not enough to make that assumption, I’m not sure. Either way, Disney should be consistent all the way until the guest is off of DME at MCO and not be cavalier on the last step after what they require up to that point. Even adding more times of low risk still accumulates to one’s overall risk.

1 Like

I’m convinced they do this on purpose. It’s a conspiracy. And babies are mean and don’t like the environment.

There, I said it.

7 Likes

This is a good point. Even if someone had COVID at the start of the trip, for the average guest probably by the end they would be past the point of being contagious…most likely.

Still, it doesn’t seem hard for them to just make sure people are spaced if only to keep things consistent.

1 Like

Same. A month with the first and 11 days with the second, who ended up on hypoallergenic formula for a year. I get jealous of people who nurse easily, for me it was a terrible struggle. But we all have different ones!!

4 Likes

I can’t even claim that it was difficult or a supply issue… I honestly just hated it and it made me feel very depressed and like I had no identity outside of being a milk machine for a demanding kid who wanted to be attached to me 24/7. As soon as I quit that feeling went away.

7 Likes

Lol my DH would come home from work bad question if I ever left “that spot”. Nursing can be very stationary

4 Likes

YES!! Finally someone who understands!!!

2 Likes

There’s a saying that breast is best.

In my years as an OB nurse I learned that FED is best. Whatever works best for both mother and child is best. For some that is nursing. For some that is bottling. For some that’s a combination of both.

But of the child is fed, and mother is happy, that is what’s best.

Good for you for trying. And good for you for recognizing it wasn’t right for you and moving on. That’s not always easy to do.

20 Likes

So true. All of it

5 Likes

Amen to all of this.

God bless my OB for telling me this when I was sobbing in her office at my postpartum check up after my son was born. We both had thrush and were miserable. I was guilt ridden thinking I wasn’t going to make it nursing him even 2 months when I’d nursed my oldest for 13. Unhealthy guilt ridden and she told me to just keep feeding him. Period. Ultimately, that was what he needed - be it from me or from a formula container.

8 Likes

I agree 100%.
And, having a huge gap between kids #2 & #3, the difference in what I experienced in the hospital was night and day. “Baby centered” L&D wards REALLY put a lot of pressure on moms and make them feel like their feelings are less important than being “a good mother.” It was a real shock to me to discover that there were no more pacifiers, no nursery for mom to try to get some rest before being sent home etc. I felt totally exhausted when they sent me home, and that’s as an experienced mom! These poor first time moms, I honestly can’t even imagine. I really think that they may be good for babies, but they harm moms.

3 Likes

We went “Baby Friendly” in my last couple of years on the floor. I hated it. We all did. It was just wrong.

4 Likes

We didn’t have a big gap between any of our kids but between #2 and #3 our hospital did this and I was like :unamused: imma need someone to come take this baby so I can sleep before y’all send me home to my house where there are no nurses to help me!!

5 Likes

Sorry ma’am. Nursery’s closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015930/rs_1024x759-151030121607-634-john-candy-national-lampoons.jpg?fit=around|552:auto&output-quality=90&crop=552:auto;center,top

8 Likes

:joy::sob:

2 Likes