My Children's Worst Trip to Walt Disney World Ever (A Live Trip Report)

Maybe it’s just magic when you’re sweating to death!

3 Likes

We did it! We used the stroller cover! I knew we lugged that thing along every day for a reason :laughing: it rained while we were in MuppetVision. Rain was just starting when we went in, so DH covered the stroller, and it was finished when we came out.

11 Likes

I do adore them so much!! i’m glad that’s clear, despite my hazing.

4 Likes

Someone likes their Mickey Waffles

14 Likes

YUM. Sipping a Side Car from AbracadaBar while I hang on the patio typing this up. I can’t say it enough times, what a great location. Tomorrow is our last full day, and our resort day. The plan is Stormalong Bay! Our first visit there, and it’s been over a week that we’ve been here! And then Animal Kingdom Lodge for Sanaa after naps. Sanaa is our old favorite from our first trip, so we’re looking forward to a visit there. You know what COVID has ruined that I miss? Being able to sit at a bar and talk to those around you, whether it be strangers or the bartender. Alas.

Today was a great day. We did HS open to close. But it was so laid back and relaxed. We enjoyed an entire morning at Batuu. We got to enjoy it a lot more than we did the first day when we were rush rushing to MMRR and then MFSR and then I didn’t have much of a plan, and it was hot and sweaty and the kids were losing it. Then there was today. Cool and calm. Beautiful breeze.

We accidentally rope dropped. I thought the park opened at 9:00, but it was 10:00. So we walked up at 9:00 and I was so confused for a minute on why the line wasn’t moving. Temp/Security opened at 9:10 and we decided to RD SDD. I got in line, but the line wasn’t moving. They opened that line at 9:30. It took me only a few minutes to get to the line get through it. DH got rider swap, which we opted to use later in the day. We then headed to Savi for his “re-do” at 10:05. He had to explain it three different times, but the end result was new lightsaber, new experience, new pin. He got chills and the story teller was excellent. Side note on her, to come. We tried taking the little ones in with us, but DS2 wanted to run around all over the place and was not able to be quiet. I should’ve known better, but thought it was worth a try. I got him out of there right quick when he started breaking down, in an effort not to ruin the experience for others. It was definitely the right call. DS2 cried for a bit after we got out of there. I just let him let it all out. Sometimes that’s the most cathartic thing to do.

From Savi’s, we then waited in line- WAITED IN LINE- for the market. I hate that. I hate waiting in line to spend money. For rides? sure. But stores? ugh. That was the first time and the last time. We didn’t spend a ton of time in there because not only do you wait to get into the market, you wait to get into all the little shops within the market. It’s madness!

And then we headed to RotR. Just a note, our BG window “expired” at 10:40. We got there at 11:00 and they scanned us both in, no questions asked, no need to explain our tardiness. I went through the queue this time, while DH wheeled around the boys for their nap. RotR was even more fun the second time. Though both rides, I was stuck in a corner in the transport and it was really hard to see out of either viewport.

Our sons were asleep and we were hungry, so we ordered Pot Roast from Docking Bay 7. The atmosphere is AMAZING. The food proportions are insufficient for sharing. We ordered the chicken for the kids, and helped them eat it.

We then went in search of the Tie Fighter magic shot, but were told that they don’t do it all the time anymore because the MFSR line gets so long and interferes with the shot. That was so sad!!! We ended up getting the MF zoom shot for the second time. Btw, we’re doing the MM share led by Joshua whatsislastname, through facebook. He charges 26.50 and you get all your pictures. The watermark won’t come off until we download them when we get back from our trip, so i’ll try to post some of my favorites then.

We had our Oga’s reservation at 12:45. This was so exciting!! We nearly flipped when we were about to leave and the cantina music from A New Hope came on. Needless to stay, we ended up staying until the song was over. The DJ was great, the lit up table was great, the drinks were good. The Jet Juice was delicious and the Fuzzy Tauntaun was intense! The lip tingly stuff, man. It’s like, you have to try it one. But i won’t be getting it again. Once was enough. DH split a blue milk with DS2. On our way out, we saw the storyteller from DH’s Savi experience. It was so cool, she was clearly headed toward her break, but she had to pass the Stormtroopers in front of Kylo Ren’s shuttle and she had her hood propped up over her head and she was shooting furtive glances at them, like she was trying to escape their notice. I just love that she was staying in character until she was backstage.

After our beautiful morning, everything went downhill, but just a little bit because this was our last park day and damn it I was going to enjoy it no matter what! From Oga’s, we walked aaaaaall the way to Lightning McQueen’s racing academy. DH was going to go with him, but the poor kid couldn’t hang in the line. It was posted 30 minutes and he was all over the place. We made the decision to try to encourage another nap. This kid usually naps 3 hours at home, and this week he has been averaging, probably, 50 minutes a day. So we walked aaaaaall the way back to the resort, trusting he would fall asleep. Well, he didn’t. DS1 did, though, so it wasn’t a total loss. Also, we got to drop off some souvenirs.

So he didn’t sleep, but at least it was a rest. We walked back to the park and carried on. We decided to head back to Lightning, since it was posted 15 minutes, but by the time we got there, back once again to that back corner of the park with nothing else is that we care to do, the wait was back up to 30 minutes, and we just weren’t doing it. Also, we saw the impending rain so we headed into MuppetVision- our first time! It was so silly and cute. DS2 was done with the 3D effects after one of the muppets shot some stuff into the audience. He flinched! So cute. But he wanted to take the glasses off.

We tried to sneak into the 5:30 showing of Frozen, but the show reached capacity. The woman told us to come back at 6:00 for the 6:30 show. Sorry lady, it’s not that important. At this point, DS2 made it pretty clean that he just needed to run wild for a bit, so we let him. I went up and down steps with him, spun around in circles with him, played peek a boo with him, and overall just let him be free and be silly. It was fun. But time was ticking and I wanted to get him on to ASS! I knew he’d enjoy it, if i could only get him there. There I go again, silly me, pushing my agenda on immovable tiny ones.

We swung through Batuu for Ronto Wraps and Batuu night pics with DH and his lightsaber. DS2 was actually all about this because he loves daddy’s lightsaber. After that, we finally made it to ASS. Unfortunately, we got in the line a touch too late and we ended up just missing the ride. So we were first there to witness the ride in its entirety, and DS2 screamed like a banshee the entire time. And I fell into the trap I fall into all too often of making up what other people are thinking. "They are probably looking at this boy thinking, “That poor kid. He needs to go to bed and dumb mom isn’t letting him.” Or maybe that’s my subconscious speaking? Either way, I felt a little bad. But he was so happy once he got on it. And we did it one more time, timing it perfectly to where we walked right onto it. And that was it. That was all I wanted. I just wanted to do something back to back that I knew he would enjoy. And that completed my night. His night. Our night.

We walked back to YC, put the kiddos to bed, and I finally made my way over to AbracadaBar. I love it! It is full of so much character. I just wish I had someone to share it with. I opted to order my drink to go and take it back to my sweet patio, and my sweet husband.

18 Likes

These are getting longer, aren’t they? I’m so sorry. Tl;Dr version: Another great park day. Last park day. It doesn’t matter when you redeem your boarding group as long as it’s after it has been called. If you’re going to do SDD, do it first thing in the morning. If you have tiny children, let them sleep. The end!

6 Likes

CM at the Market at Yacht Club said we only need a photo of our mug to get refills. Do with that what you will.

4 Likes

Beautiful night

16 Likes

Me on SDD, DH and DS1 on landspeeder (DH was not actually holding the handlebar, despite what it looks like), DS1 being cute, and my drinks at Oga’s (with the 45 minute time limit, I ordered both at once)

17 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Looks like someone got a loud R2D2 toy

2 Likes

:joy::joy:he did!! It was an “it’s the end of the day, you’re such a trooper (please stop crying)” gift. Was that in one of the pictures? Haha. He’s having so much fun with it

4 Likes

My son got the same one a few years ago when I talked him out of the over priced light sabers

4 Likes

Yep… I wonder how much money Disney is losing for these lines, but I do appreciate they are limiting capacity to keep us safe there too. sigh

3 Likes

I just… I relate to this so much

14 Likes

Dinner company!

14 Likes

Pumba’s grub!

2 Likes

Granted I haven’t been to every Disney resort, but AKL to me is theming perfection. So many tiny details that are themed to fit the resort. It is so beautiful and brings me such joy. Plus, Sanaa. It’s our favorite, most memorable meal every time. Though I finally met a drink I’m not a fan of. The Smoked Turkey is not my style. We took a leisurely route there. We took the Skyliner to HS and then the bus to AKL. We got there about an hour early and watched the animals. I went in at 4:30 to ask the host if we can get a seat by the window. She put in the request and checked us in, even though we wouldn’t get seated until 5:00. We got bread service, samosas, two kids orders of butter chicken, the Smoked Turkey, and a mango smoothie. and we consumed it all! YUM

18 Likes

14 Likes

I love AKL.

5 Likes