Must haves for WDW in summer?

Just get wet is always our choice.

ours as well. esp in August

4 Likes

Yep we’re usually July or August!

1 Like

I carry a disposable poncho (not perfect but keeps me from getting completely drenched) and if summertime, always wear water friendly shoes (I love my multiple pairs of Crocs sandals). They let me wade through calf-high flooding and have completely dry feet after it is all over.

1 Like

We wore raincoats or ponchos And honestly didn’t matter. This was November, the rain felt like buckets of water. It was wild!

1 Like

It was like that for us this past April. The rain was torrential and lasted a good 45 minutes. I’ve never been there for that kind of rain. I’m used to the 3pm thundershower that happens everyday. This was unreal. And so much fun!

Ha it was fun, don’t ever get rain like that. DH And I were just laughing at how soaked we got. We were in AK one time And the other was trying to get from TTC back to our Poly room. Kids under rain cover in the stroller. Haha made for a funny memory.

One June visit we had rain like that in EPCOT. Dd and I were in WS and watch rivers of water, much of it halfway up our shins, flowing from the bridge near France through the UK area.

The rain lasted only about 30 minutes, but was torrential!

2 Likes

Cooling towel recommendations?

I’m a poncho fan. Still get wet but makes it more bearable (at least in my mind). I liked the cooling towels they were selling at the park. I brought a frogs toggs with me but didn’t love the texture, and sometimes it made me feel hotter!

That last photo!! Wow!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Money.

Feel free to follow me for more correct advice: @howtodisneywithliterallynostressatall

8 Likes

We try to be frugal in general, but on vacation…

[problem occurs]

DH: “Can we throw money at it and make it go away? Do that. We’re on vacation.”

8 Likes

My must haves are similar to everyone

-Travel size mini umbrella mostly for shade but also for when it rains.

-Moleskin, precut

-Teva sandals in the summer

-Body glide for her anti chafing stick

-thin battery backup for phone

-vooray crossbody belt bag

-individually wrapped body wipes for a midday freshen up

This time I am going to try bringing a cooling towel too.

I usually only bring a belt bag with my into the parks and tie the umbrella on my belt loop but when I went with DB we brought a lightweight packable backpack.

I just had the Neutrogena stick sunscreen with me for a weekend trip to Miami and it did fine.

As for the water question, there are also water bottle refiller stations in the parks — search the TP blog and you can find an article about each park and where they are located. Since those were written, it seems they’ve also added a couple new ones near the queue for SDD in HS and one by the new bathrooms near Mexico in EP. (They may have also added one in Morocco, but I haven’t seen photo confirmation of that yet…but generally anywhere they’ve updated bathrooms lately has been getting them.)

1 Like

Oh nice! Thank you for the additional info!