Mug of the Day (ish) Because I Miss Disney

My husband got the barista at the local coffee shop to make a cappuccino in a paper cup that he brought home from the Boardwalk. Sniffle! Disney at home! (Well, office, but still – what a sweetie!)

11 Likes

We had a friend bring us back a mug from Disneyland.

11 Likes

Have meant to share for awhile. Time for me to start working now…

10 Likes

I love these mugs

1 Like

Me too. :heart: I had just gotten a puppy so it seemed appropriate.

Congrats to the Red Sox. I am a big Washington Nationals fan so I am pulling for the teams our players went to for the end of the season: Red Sox (Schwarber) and the Dodgers (Scherzer and Turner).

4 Likes

Those are the best “Disney” mugs imaginable.

4 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like

Thats awesome.

1 Like

My 50th spending merch came in

14 Likes

Figure this would be the best place to ask.

I’ve noticed for a while now that this mug has developed several hairline fractures in the glaze in the interior of the mug. Has anyone else run into this? Is there any fix? Is there any danger to the structural integrity of the mug?

As it’s my favorite mug I own, I wanna make sure I’m not gonna break it. Is there also a way to prevent it cause I don’t want my 50th mug to do the same thing.

1 Like

With the glaze compromised I would be super careful because I do think the structural integrity could suffer. The glaze prevents moisture from getting into the ceramic; if moisture gets in and it gets heated you could definitely lose the mug. I would definitely hand wash and for sure NOT put it in the microwave as I think that’s where the most risk would be.

How long have you had this one? It might be worth reaching out to the merchandise guest services people to see about getting a replacement (or even purchasing a new one).

1 Like

If there’s a crack on the inside I wouldn’t drink from it any more. You could make a pencil holder out of if for your desk so you can still see it everyday. I don’t know how to prevent these things other than handwashing instead of using a dishwasher.

1 Like

It’s always been hand washed, and I don’t think I’ve ever put it in the microwave(can’t be sure cause it sounds like something I’d do for normal mugs)? But that was always because of a fear of the decal coming off.

It’s from the First Trip™. So 2016. They’re long gone by now :frowning:

lol Absolutely not. Personal reasons on that one, but I would rather see it under glass or destroyed before using it as a pencil holder. But something to consider, regardless.

1 Like

Oh man :frowning: That stinks.

1 Like

PS Love the new avatar!

1 Like

Thank ya! We need a community refrigerator that I can post things on :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I do understand. A favorite piece of pottery chipped in a move and I refused to throw it away. It’s my toothbrush holder now so I still get to see it everyday.

1 Like

Is this one in your shop? Wondering what the wider view is.

going up later today most likely. I was actually hoping I could debut it with the announcement of a certain show returning …buuuuut since it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen anytime soon, I’ll just post it now.

1 Like

I vote put him up and use only on FT anniversary and your birthday :blush::heart: I wish I had put her under glass. My favorite mug broke and I’m not ashamed to say I bawled. Kinda expensive to replace :pensive:

I’m not sure how you feel about eBay but there are only 2 of your mug available

4 Likes